Saturday, November 29, 2014

Brækhus about the damage: – Was no option to give up – TV 2

COPENHAGEN / LONDON (TV 2) Celicia Brækhus won title fight against German Jennifer Retzke in Copenhagen late Saturday night.

Thus defended Bergen girl his four belts.

During the match incurred Brækhus an ankle injury. Pains inhibited distinctly northern man, who eventually could only rely on one foot.

Box Queen met the Norwegian press corps bit before the clock 0200 in the night.

– Am I lucky as there are only a breach in the foot, but they talk about that there may be a tendon is ruptured. Then it is more serious. So now I hope that the foot is broken, says Brækhus and laughs.

– Is it a break I have to keep quiet for 2-6 weeks, says the doctor. So I hope that’s not worse than that.

VG reported at 6:30 o’clock Sunday that they have been in contact with the team to Brækhus. They report that the ankle should not be broken and that Brækhus can not train for a month.

MAY HAVE HELP: Cecilia Brækhus injured himself the title match against Jennifer Retzke. Photo: Lise Åserud / NTB scanpix

– What happened?

– I think it was in the third round. I stepped wrong and when I landed wrong with weight. When I sat in the corner I thought this would certainly fine, but when I got up again I could barely stand on foot, said the boxer.

Brækus was big favorite before the match and came also best started. After an even first round took 33-year-old control in the game and hit the German girl in the face with one battle after another.

COMPLAINED NOT: Brækhus were satisfied victory Saturday, despite the injury. Photo: Christer Sævig / TV 2

Brækhus showed why she is the world boxing queen and Retzke had more than enough to defend himself against the blows to his Norwegian opponent.

German still refused to go down, and in the fifth round could see that Brækhus had pain in the right ankle. It gave the German extra motivation, and the fight went out all ten rounds.

Retzke was still never close and Brækhus took a superior victory.

– How important was it to hide the injury Retzke?

– Very important. I do not think she realized how bad it was. I just had to stay the course. For me it was never an option to notify the judge and give up, says Brækhus.

For a hospital
After the game got Brækhus opportunity to thank those who had made the trip.

– Thank you to all who have come here today. This was a shit fight, but shit happens. I was a bit unlucky and ankle today. I come back strongly and hope you come back next year, she said to those in attendance.

33-year-old was clearly affected by the pain after the match and had trouble taking care out of the ring.

Brækhus were examined in a hospital in Copenhagen on Saturday night.

Kai Robin Havnås went as expected victorious out of the ring after his first pro fight in boxing, but it was no memorable performance he managed.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment