Monday, September 22, 2014

“It is wrong to say that I have been cured, for it is so severe that life has given me” – Fædrelandsvennen

He knows all about life’s downs. Magne Hoseth (33) used football as therapy. And learned to enjoy the highs.

He still says “we” about Molde. But Wednesday night wants Quotes profile Magne Hoseth to stop old buddies dream of another cup final.

– I’ve gone on a few slams. It is incorrect to say that I have been cured, for it is so severe that life has inflicted on me, but I’ve learned to live with the punches. And then found out what is important and what is needed to function in everyday life.

You may remember Hoseth and exact match shoulder against Rosenborg in the Cup final last year? And how he threw himself around the neck of Molde manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on the sidelines? While roommate Monica was hospitalized for cancer treatment?

It was a Hollywood script, it was written in the stars that Hoseth should be Ullevaal hero, it was a “good-bad” story signed a Molde quite like the His will was placed on the bench boss a few months earlier.

– Solskjaer was wrong

– Ole Gunnar said afterwards that he was trying to protect me as much as possible, that I had enough with all that happened at home. But he was wrong. Football turned out to be my space of freedom from problems. Because I enjoyed it very outfield.

It did Hoseth in the cup final at Ullevaal. Molde won 4-2 over arch rival. Hoseth frisparkmål was a gem. As ordered.

For the day before he woke up to a seven-page interview in VG Helg, where he talked about the partner’s battle with cancer.

Hoseth felt he had to deliver at Ullevaal .

The story ended happily.

It also made for roommate Monica. She was healthy. But in our walked the couple apart.

– When the dust had settled and the sun fell, it was empty by my side. I had spent so much effort to keep everything together. Both her, Gabriel and my life. When she finally recovered I relaxed. And then I had no more to give. When it became too small for her, and I could not do anything about it. Suddenly it was no more worries. It was just like that. It’s weird, it’s almost as I ashamed to talk about it, but I can not be ashamed of the outcome, for it was the way it was.



15 years at the top

He has been on the Norwegian top for 15 years now. Hoseth punched through 18 years old in summer 1999 and was very involved in the Molde qualified for the Champions League.

There was something un-Norwegian over Hoseth, both in play and demeanor. An it was impossible to be indifferent to. A few months after, bang. The first of a series of downs off the field.

– This story I have told before. It was the first bang. We finished the Champions League and going into the holiday. I got simply not the home. I would not, I could not. I struggled with my head, I struggled with my stomach, I had such high tension in the body that I could not do anything. I was barely out throughout November and December. Finally, it was Leif Arne Lystad (physiotherapist in Molde) who dragged me out on the trails. He got me to start running again. At the time I thought, I will not continue with football.

– How is it?

– I no good answer. My stomach has been an issue the last 15 years of my football player. We’ve tried to figure it out, but there is none to find out what is wrong. What we’ve found is that the tension in the body is too high. I felt maybe a little on the pressure at the time, I had little success in the Champions League unless there was some great stuff. All of a sudden knew who I was. It was perhaps a little too much, my body said from. I closed myself off.



Selected transparency

He stood up then too. Hoseth was one of Norwegian football’s greatest talents.

But the problems continued:

In exercise in January 2003 collapsed right lung and Hoseth as “death in the eye.” It ended well and Hoseth played the game for two months and four days later.

But the problems continued outside the football field:

Big Brother Jan Erik was in a coma and nearly died after a motorcycle accident. The grandmother became ill and died. Dad got cancer and died after fighting for over a year and a half. Mom was also affected by cancer – but recovered.

January 2012, Magne and Monica’s parents for Gabriel. But week after birth was dramatic and Gabriel hovered between life and death.

A few months later, Monica was affected by cancer.

All this has Magne Hoseth talked openly about earlier.

– Many people dread to talk about difficult issues, you have chosen openness?

– Maybe it’s therapy. I do not know. Talking about his kid might be taboo, many tend to lull it down and say it is going well. And then there’s the cancer, the often hushed down. But everyone knows someone or is related to, anyone affected by cancer. It’s tough. And then it’s good to know that there are some who are in the same situation. There was little so I was very open. I do not see any “downsides” by talking about the parts of my life. It’s my life, it’s been a lot.



Exposed to rumors

He has a very good relationship with his former partner. In the days before cupsemifinalen against Molde Hoseth lived with former partner and son Gabriel in his rented apartment at Frogner.

– What impression do you think the Norwegian people by Magne Hoseth?

– It might have changed a little. From that people thought I was a selfish klyse only thought about my own good, one who put themselves ahead of everyone else, the more sympathy. It might be more like me now, who think that I’m a likeable guy. I certainly hope that I have managed to put light on some things that are taboo.

– You had some meetings with the Jante Law?

– Someone? Yes, you might say. There I experience today. There are many strange rumors about me. Especially in Molde. And there were various reasons why I left town. But people will believe what they want. I went to play football, everything else is nonsense. But Jante Law is strong in Molde. It is a small city with many personalities, who wants to be number one. My desire never to be number one, but I hope people think, “I’m glad that I knew him.”



Central Role

Hoseth admits that it is specifically to meet Molde in cupsemifinale on Nadderud. He has two league championships and cup titles in the last three years with the club. And he has enough games to become champions with romsdalingene year.

– It is obvious that you will play a key role?

– Yes, in one way or another. Now everything has gone very well, so now it should come as a letdown. I’m making an own goal and get a red card. And then comes the speculation that I get paid to send them on to the cup final. You should not ignore it. Ha-ha!

He admits that there is some difference in the gifted series leader and Quotes that have been through an economic cure in recent years.

– The economic muscles can not be compared . But it’s soul and it’s fun to play on Nadderud. I like that there are some Eastern European touch to the stadium.

– How is it for someone who has had a reputation for being lairs to play on an Eastern European stadium?

– It’s like all my friends say; this is where I belong. Because of my appearance and my beard. Everyone obviously wants to play at the finest stadiums, but when the situation is like that you have to take it in stride. Matta on Nadderud is amazing. And so it smells like grass. It was so lovely when we arrived late at Rosenborg, feel the smell of the grass and watch the headlights were turned on. Then I got an “Any Given Sunday” -feeling. It was delicious!

Never Serie A

Hoseth gets 34 years in October. We have heard of him for 15 years. Around the turn of the millennium was Averøy no featured as one of the major future hopes. We in the media referred to him as a future star in one of the big leagues.

But it was not Serie A in Italy. Hoseth was in Scandinavia throughout his career.

– If we in the media have great expectations for you?

– I think It was a combination of several things. One was the poor choice of the people around me. The second was that Norway did not sell many players out of the country at the time. Had it been a few years earlier, it could be easier. For when there was an influx of players who went out. In addition, I said no, I did not care about money. After years in Copenhagen were actually three Champions League clubs who wanted me. But I refused.

– A little because you were homey?

– Slightly because it happened things home. And I did not care. The most important thing was to play football. Not where and how.

– If you are match winner against Molde, how will you celebrate?

– It does not much celebration. There’s not many players left the club in Norway, there are so many changes that club so often. Yes, I will be happy, but it is not a great celebration. A little respect for the club, but especially for the older players I’ve played with for years, as Daniel (Berg Hestad), Matthias (Moström) and Vegard (previous). They are good buddies of mine. But I’m not going to apologize like that Lukaku did against West Bromwich

– How will the ignition level to the gap?

– I do not know. I’ve only played against Molde once before, when I was Vålerenga player. I do not remember how it was back then, but I was just as self-absorbed that I did not care much so far. When I stood only and fixed my hair. It was not so careful.

Hoseth know where he’s going to spend the last minutes before the teams marched onto the pitch.

– Most likely I’m going to sit on the toilet. It is the only place where there are no other people. Where I sit for five minutes and will ponder for myself and go through different scenarios.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment