Saturday, February 28, 2015

Bjoergen about next year – I have no idea – Aftenposten

VM tremila may have been the last for both Marit Bjoergen and success coach Egil Kristiansen.

FALUN: A central theme during the World Cup has been Marit Bjørgens future as a skier. Her manager Guri Hetland has stated that she believes skidronningen continue his career. Bjoergen has opened for it, but after the last World Championship event, where Therese Johaug won ahead Bjoergen, she makes it clear that she has not taken a stand.

– It is possible I continue, but I have no idea, she says to adressa.no.

Read also: The Norwegian selfiekonge got worried phone call from Mom

Motivation determines

It’s all about motivation. Bjoergen says she will take the decision in the spring.

– Of course I am motivated by this season. I have won the Tour de Ski and taken three medals in the World Championships. It has been a great season, but I have not thought about the future. The focus has been on this season. I must be done with it and use April to think.

Bjoergen emphasizes that next season is mesterskapsfri and that there are three years until the next Olympics. She adds that sponsorship agreements she signed last until 2018.

Read also: Weng annoyed Johaug league of its own: – Completely wild to watch

coach unsure

– It may be appropriate to continue until then. I’m going to tell the day I’ve decided. I must be fully motivated, says Bjoergen.

Also national coach Egil Kristiansen will use the spring to consider whether he should continue. The contract expires after this season, but he is wanted further.

– I will not spend much time on it until I get home and get this season in the distance, he says to adressa.no.

– I get to use parts of March and April, he adds.

Read also: Parade march was a display of raw power and elegant skiing technique

Holder mind for themselves

Kristiansen says he will surely have decided during April.

– Have you thought of a future during the season?

– Yes, but the thoughts I have in here, Kristiansen says with a smile, pointing to his head.

Therese Johaug was VM queen with three gold in Falun. The final tremila was impressive and Bjoergen shot when Johaug pressure early in the race.

– Perhaps the best championship

– Maybe this is the best VM a we have had ever performance wise, although we got a real downer on ten-kilometer. I have said before that we need to get some such pushes in the face. When sharpens we us and puts even more appreciative of the good performance.

– Was this the last championship race Marit Bjoergen?

– I have no idea about. I am very conscious that we should not focus on it, says Kristiansen to adressa.no.

Published: 28.feb. 2015 5:26 p.m.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment