Sunday, February 22, 2015

Rune Velta did not touch gold-cake – adhere to healthy calories – VG

FALUN (AP) Rune Velta (25) would share the gold cake with Therese Johaug (26) on the Norwegian Championships property Saturday night – but contented himself with To set up the picture with cake piece.

– I should not have 10,000 calories in a day. Then it is better to choose healthy calories, says the guy within 24 hours it took both gold and silver in the world.

– There is something else with Johaug that go far on skis.

Velta took gold in the normal hill Saturday night. Sunday was the silver in mixed-layer together with Maren Lundby, Line Jahr and Anders Bardal. On the way from the press conference to the medal ceremony, he takes the time to a few minutes with a few Norwegian journalists.



Over large ground

The question is what Velta expect further by VM, when the jumpers now move over large ground.

– I’ll take with me a good feeling. I feel that I have good control technology. I have to adapt to large ground. It is different rhythm, I must reconcile the move and that. I have to work myself into the ground the next few days, said Velta.

He says that the legs are top and that the shape of course is impeccable.

– I have worked to become a more complete jumps, show that I can cope with all slopes, not just skiflyging says Velta, who broke through internationally with silver skiflyging Championships in 2012.

German Severin Freund, who was beaten by only 0.4 points of Rune Velta Saturday night, got sun his revenge when his team won the mixed competition 2.3 points ahead of Norway.

Not surprised Velta

– No, I am not surprised that Rune has been so good in the World Cup, he said.

– Both Saturday and Sunday could competitions have tilted both ways. It is well justified when we are left with one gold and one silver each.

Velta says he found himself completely at home in the large hill in Falun last time he was here. Now he hopes that it will go better this time.

– Can you take medal also in the gutters in large ground?

– I want to achieve more. I think it is possible.

Sunday allowed Rune Velta to sleep until 10 o’clock and had a soft start to the day.

In the same way Saturday night he had to take the trip into Falun center and receive a medal at night.

Lines not to shift

– It is absolutely fine. The only hassle is that I have not yet had time to change, he says, and shows his jump suit which he still wears.

It was an incredibly exciting mixed-competition Sunday night. The decision came in the eighth and last jump where Severin Freund jumped better than Rune Velta.

– I am incredibly impressed with how the girls raised themselves after Friday’s race says Velta.

Both Maren Lunby and Line Jahr showed its best side and took the second Norwegian woman medal in jumps through time. The first came at Anette Sagen in the World Championships in 2009.



LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment