Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Here gold hero hailed by folkehav – Bergens Tidende

In summer and fall, she was tired and frustrated. Tonight was darling Charlotte Kalla (27) caused a whole nation for his life run.

FALUN: They braved rain and sleet. Thousands took a trip to Falun center. World champion Charlotte Kalla was welcomed by a huge folkehav. It was “the Swedish flag evening” at Stora square.

favorite won gold that perhaps was booked in advance. Kalla humiliated the Norwegian cross country girls on favorite distance 10 km freestyle, and it put people appreciate.

– It has not properly passed up for me, says Kalla.

Having collected himself says 27-year-old:

– This has been a dream. And now that dream true.



Little sleep before gulløpet

On Monday evening wandered 27-year old from Tärendö restlessly at Scandic Lugnet. Kalla felt uneasiness in the body. She was excited and nervous. For five years Kalla had 24 February 2015 in the head.

race could not come soon enough. She wanted it over with. There was little sleep and Kalla woke up early.

– I just waited for the bell would be 13.54,30 and go race. I have longed so long after this. It was hilarious. Now I know a tremendous joy, said Kalla made after done the international press conference.

The snow snowing over Lugnet skistadion both during and after the race. Result lists that were handed out were soggy and unreal.

World Champion: Charlotte Kalla. There were many of us who predicted it.

Then followed two Americans medal winners who did not quite understand what had hit them.

Best Norwegian: Heidi Weng on 22th place. The other four never got up in time to accommodate the result list’s first sheet.



Was tired and frustrated

Charlotte Kalla met with both form and ski in front of the home crowd. It was her first individual gold medal, with cohabitation Anders Svanebo eagerly sekundant.

But only a few months ago feared the Swedish national hero that VM Falun would be a nightmare.

For the road to her life’s goal was tortuous. Kalla was tired and frustrated in both summer and autumn. The success of the Sochi Olympics was left in both head and legs.

First autumn responded body during training.

So damaged Kalla shoulder just before World start.

She was unsure and dropped the Tour de Ski. Everything was about to tingle into shape for this one day at Lugnet ski stadium.

However, under Scandinavian Cup in Falun in the New Year was Kalla number four. She was downright outclassed. Kalla decided to shut out the rest of the world.

After a month in hiding, she came back as a gold medalist.

– After the Scandinavian Cup, I went home to Sundsvall. I prioritized properly exercise. And under SM (Swedish Championship) I got confirmations that thing I had done was right. It meant very much, I knew that my body was energetic, I was on time. Thus I went to altitude stay in Seiser Alm with a lot of confidence. Where only cost myself and made the final preparations. In the Italian Alps felt VM bit far away; I did go in fantastic track, the weather was nice, the food was good …

Gold on home was the reward for a lot of trouble.

Selected ski just before the start

Although snowing over Lugnet was quiet around Kalla.

Two skis were ready. The final choice was taken just over a minute before she was out of his life skiing. When the Swedish meteorologist stated that the snow would at least last a while out in the competition.

– As usual we had tested fight many couples. But to start, we had only two.

– Why do you think Bjoergen and Johaug fell so far behind?

– I was very confident in the tests we had done and the knowledge and expertise of butter holders. Lubrication Our theme did a good job today. It was important today because of the snow that came.

– Was it an advantage to start so early?

– It is difficult to say. Astrid started before me. But the others started further behind. It was still good for me to start early, because I got to go my own race. Only then it remained two kilometers I was informed that I fought for gold. But such thoughts must just put away, I had to keep working all the way.



Inspired by Bjoergen and Johaug

Kalla felt with her girlfriends and Johaug Bjoergen, who was number 27 and 31. The Swedish girl has trained extensively with the Norwegian in periods she also stayed home with Bjoergen.

– I have tried to suck me so many impressions as possible . It has been inspiring to see how much they really fighter, how much joy they have to the sport and how much work they put down. I am so impressed with Marit, she continues to motivate and keep the level.

clock 20.15 in the evening were thousands in place at the ceremony area at Stora square.

“Du gamla, Du fria” has not been much more beautiful than this February night.



 Loading ...

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment