Friday, February 27, 2015

Here is the only Swede who put Northug in place in Falun today – Dagbladet.no

FALUN (Dagbladet): It was during the international press conference after the Norwegian relay gold tonight, Petter Northug got himself no small surprise.

trøndere certainly had counted on to show off with “kaxiga” statements after parked Calle Halfvarsson on the run, but everything went not quite so VM king had thought.

When Petra Thorén, journalist in the Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet asked Northug and the other Norwegian guys what hush sign after the finish, meant black Trønder:

– It was you.

Sure Northug

And then occurred a little verbal duel between Northug and Thorén and the Norwegian Skikongen became increasingly more uncertain (see session in the video window):

Thorén: – Was it me? I wrote something wrong about you?

Northug: – No, it was meant as an honor.

Thorén: – Can you explain why?

Northug: – Uh, no, it will take too much time. It will be boring for everyone here.

Thorén: – Okay, so we can take it later?

Northug: – Yeah, we’ll take it next time.

Long story

When Dagbladet asks Petra Thorén about session tonight, she says that it was not appropriate to let Northug fun at her expense.

– He would kid around and would have the last word. He is not used to having someone answers him. I do not think he should sit to enjoy themselves at my expense in front of the press corps . When he gets rather explain, says Thorén.

The journalist, who has worked in Aftonbladet since 1994, says that she has followed Northug long, and that for more than four years ago suggested that she Northug should call his son for Peter.

Name Suggestions

– During Tour de Ski before the World Cup in Holmenkollen would I do a short interview with Petter outside the Norwegian smear bus. I ended up running beside him and told him to take it a little quiet since I was pregnant. Then he said that I had to give the child the name Peter, and that it would provide “instant success,” she says.

– Having said that, I do not think what happened today has nothing to do. I do not think Peter remembers the session, but it may he knows me because I have covered cross country for many years. He knows enough which newspaper I belong too. I think no matter that this was just a normal Petter response, she says.

Unsure gesture

– What do you think about hysjegesten?

– I’m pretty sure it was not me, but the question is who it was.

The question remains unanswered.

And if you’re wondering about Thorén gave his son the name Peter, the answer is no.

He called Elis.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment