Monday, April 25, 2016

Gunnar Pettersen reveals why he disappeared: – I had cancer – Dagbladet.no

(Dagbladet): Trainer profile Gunnar Pettersen tells Fædrelandsvennen that he operated for colon cancer, and that is why he was sick earlier this year.

Handball coach has led the Vipers Kristiansand this season, but had to take a break in the new year because of health problems. He has also worked as an expert for Viasat.

It started with stomach pains, but Pettersen had first told that it was not cancer.

– But the doctor said that I with 99.9 percent probability not had cancer. The thought had never beaten me, I thought I had stomach ulcers or inflammation of the intestine, says Pettersen told the newspaper.

Then came the counter-message.

– But Wednesday 6. April called the doctor and said he had bad news. It turned out that he had missed the 0.1-percentage, and found cancer in one of the four polyps. Then I thought that now I have the luck of the four had the already removed. Yet I had in the hospital again to see if they could find new cancer remains, which they fortunately did not find. It’s a good sign. Whatever shall I operated for them to be on the safe side, but it may well be that I am healthy already, says Gunnar Pettersen to Fædrelandsvennen.

The former Norwegian national team says he talks about incident to put an end to speculation about his absence from the Vipers.

– Now I set up on this interview, and uses it to tell what has been the cause of sick leave. Long gone myself around without knowing what was wrong, but now I know it and are looking forward to ending the speculation, says Pettersen.

Handball profile told in an interview with TV 2 in February that he took a break from the sport.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment