Friday, April 22, 2016

Tears flowed when Berge secured Olympic place – Dagsavisen

In winter dead Berges mother. Now 32-year-old honor her with a medal at the Summer Games in Rio de Janeiro.

– It has been tough and challenging, but as long as you have faith in what you’re doing, anything is possible. You must look a bit in the eye, and say to yourself “what do I do something, and what I do not do something.” I have concentrated on what I can do something. Wrestling is my life, said a relieved Berge said.

He took the finals during the second Olympic qualifying event in Mongolia Friday. That was last weekend’s letdown in the first qualifying round forgotten.

– This is what I have worked for four years. I took the World Cup bronze in 2014, I had taken the last year, I’d be directly qualified. I’ve worked hard and sweated blood every single day. Everything I do is geared towards the Olympics and career. It’s not just me but the whole family. Everything we do is geared towards my career on breaking pitch. Then this is a relief. Then it’s easy that it comes a few tears. One nagging when it goes bad and cry when it goes well, says Berge.

On the way to the final in 59-kilogram class beating the Norwegian switch out Georgian Revas Lashkhi, Moldovan Victor Ciobanu and Ukrainian Dmitry Tsymbaljuk.

No Olympic tourist

He has not succeeded in its first two Olympic Games (Beijing and London). Now talking coach Jimmy Lidberg about medal in Brazil.

– I’m good enough for that, but to remember tasks. It is easy that you forget your focus and bust quickly. I’ve done that twice. In Beijing, I was not good enough for a medal, but when I was in London four years ago I thought too much. I have been better to stay focused. I take one game at a time, divide them into halves and is strongly conditional basis. Will I struggle into my image, no one can bear to hang on, says Berge yourself.

Now it gets a little vacation before the Olympic run-up begins.

– I’m going home and taking a little vacation. It’s something I rarely do. I have to recharge the batteries a little so as not to run out. I’ve had top shape. You can not continue to train on top form, then there will not results in August as well. I will fete me up a bit and eat good food. About two to three weeks starting the Olympics. I will not go on the same bang as before, where I’ve trained too much after I have qualified me. It’s easy to get carried away by the Olympic bubble, says Berge said.



Best trained

national team anticipates Berge.

– He do not travel to the Olympics as a tourist only to lose his first game. He is not among the top three favorites, but can beat anyone if he has a really good day, says Lidberg.

– It’s amazing that he managed to Kvale into. It has been a very tough year for him after his mother passed away. It ran some tears, not only with him but with us all. He has had a lot of post, but has always believed in the plan we leave. Physically and tactically he is better than the competition. What was decisive today is that he is better trained. Many were tired after last weekend, says Lidberg.

Olympics in Rio de Janeiro held from 5 to 21 August. (© NTB)

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment