Friday, August 21, 2015

Northug critical of the Norwegian competitors’ programs – Aftenposten

– I think a lot of coach failure, says skiing stars of master runners in cross country.

AURE: Petter Northug took the time to chat with Adresseavisen after uphill race Fonna Up in Toppidrett Veka yesterday. As expected Strindheim-runner shot and ended at 81. place. He was almost twelve minutes behind winner Didrik Tønseth the goal. Best female runner, Therese Johaug, beat Northug with over nine minutes.

Also read: Dad Northug: – Impossible to top Falun Championships

Pondering over the topic

– Uphill is not what suits me best, but you always hope to do a good lap. That I could not today. Those who are first here runs fast, he says.

Then comes Northug onto a theme that he has pondered over, and that he was thinking too as he ran up the mountainside in Aure yesterday. It’s about the level and training program for Norwegian master runners in cross country.

– It is so in the men’s Ski-Norway that if it’s uphill race, then people would spin. You have no chance to hang on. But it is an NM-tremil in Roros, where it will be dealt kongepokal and VM slots, then it goes so far ahead. People fall off and give you victory. It ponders I bit over.

– Why is it so?

– That’s what I do not understand. I thought about it today too. Why is this so? But I got a good session and will bring me there to winter.

Read also: Johaug crushed Northug with over nine minutes

– Viewing them winter

Northug makes it clear that he places minimal emphasis on results in competitions Sommers time.

– No, I try to go fast on the skis, but they certainly have been better at this too. I try when I stand on the starting line, but has no chance and it’s weird. The I converge with, and many of those who crushes me here, I do not in winter anyway, so it’s fine.

The man who returned home from Falun Championships with four gold medals is critical of the way it trained around whether in Norway.

– I think a lot of coach wrong. There are many who crushes me here that have nothing to do with cross-country skis.

– That you mean?

– I mean it.

– What should they have done?

– Trent to go fast skiing and CC responds Northug.

Also read: To answer Northug after being crushed

Supported by Løfshus

Teams Head Vidar Løfshus Aure arrived yesterday afternoon. He is in many ways agree with Northug.

– I am puzzled me too. Obviously should strengthen the relationship in an ideal world, be equal throughout the year. So it is even so that Petter is unprecedented in most physiological areas. It’s hard to compare him with all the others. It is like comparing apples and pears, says Løfshus to Adresseavisen.

He points out that there are several of the best cross-country skiers who do not assert themselves in the top competitions in summer.

– Have Northug a point. Someone should have trained differently?

– He has certainly. There are certainly some who can adjust their training. I know what is being done at the absolute top level. Where trained very well, believe Løfshus.

He describes Northug training intelligence as insane.

– I compare him with Thomas Alsgaard, Bjørn Dæhlie and Frode Estil. It is something that is innate. They know very well the body when enough is enough.

Yesterday afternoon won Northug roller sprint in Aure center. Today continues Toppidrett Veka in Knyken in Orkdal. It says Mass on roller skis on the program.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment