Saturday, January 10, 2015

- Can not bear thinking about the monster hill now – Dagbladet.no

VAL DI FIEMME (Dagbladet): Martin Johnsrud Sundby went one of its most chaotic races ever in Val di Fiemme yesterday. In fifteen degrees, he was involved in case, he had to fight for bonus seconds and he was hooked by then sprint went.

But eventually they became quite good anyway, he starts the final Tour stage right in heels on smamnelagtleder Petter Northug .

– In relation to the summary I’ve done my joben today. Petter and I before follow down to the ground. So we’ll see which of us is strongest up the four kilometers.

Four miles straight up

– What do you think about it ?

– Right now I can not bear to think about the ground. Now I must first calm me, get rested and eaten. So I must begin to think about tomorrow.

– What is your relationship with this monster ground? Do you dread?

– Have you seen the ground or? It’s right up in the four kilometers. I dread as hell! There is no one looking forward to that. But we must unfortunately up.

Nothing is given

Most keep Martin as favorite against Petter when it comes to hill climbs.

– The odds are not exactly on my side, says Northug himself and fires beneath as well as he can.

That does not buy Johnsrud Sundby at all.

– It is good to talk herself down. But I know that one of us has the best legs in the morning wins. It might be me, but it can also be Petter, he says.

– Nothing is decided until one of us – hopefully there will be no behind – standing on top of Alpe Cermis tomorrow afternoon.



Fall and asked

It was over fifteen degrees in the sun in Val di Fiemme yesterday. How springtime temperatures poses challenges for butter holders. Most Norwegian skiers skied with spikes, but slipped not as good as some others.

– It was a priority we did before starting. I would be firmly and evenly go quickly toward the first hospitalized bonus sprint. I wanted to take the second without having asked for them. But the plan went gobbled woods. I had asked and was stick stiff afterwards.

– Actually, this was a kaosløp with action from start to finish, and not a particularly good predisposed ran from my side, says Martin – who was also stopped by a fall in one of the descents.

– Yes, I was down on a so-called face-plant.

He got instantly on their feet and were soon up in the lead again.

But towards the end of the race had both Martin and Petter Northug lost to runners with far better glide on ski than them.

German Tim Tscharnche won ahead Alexei Polturanin and Dario Cologna.

Martin was eighth, but went up on Petter Northug in the summary.

Just three seconds separates before the monster hill finale tomorrow.

– It was action from start to finish in this race. Perhaps it will be there tomorrow too.

Equal Dagbladet sport on Facebook.

Equal Dagbladet sport on Facebook.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment