Thursday, January 1, 2015

Jacobsen: – I have not given up winning here – Aftenposten

Anders Jacobsen stood on the top step of the pallet and had to swallow hard. He was touched, blank eyes, humble and surprised.

“We are the champions” toned out of the arena in Partenkirchen, where 20,000 spectators had seen “an old acquaintance” fly down to victory.

For this is the Norwegian’s favorite hill. Here Jacobsen have won earlier, exactly two years ago. A trump lay however not in the cards now.

Still, with a final jumps of 136.5 meters, he landed in front of the quadruple Olympic champion Simon Ammann of Switzerland and Slovenian Peter Prevc.

Family man Jacobsen, with a knee that is rebuilt after a terrible fell in Planica in March 2013, barely managed to stand still. He has been impatient after injury, received sting, been through a new operation and slowly worked his way back again, sent a thank you to all who have supported him.

Not least his wife Birgitte, who this time was home with the couple’s two children.

– She is my main supporter when it comes time. She fits my children and me when I’m home, he laughs.

It has been tough to be in a profession that does not have monthly salary payments as long as you are not performing.

The previous owner individually in the World Cup came 12th January 2013.

Read also: Anders Jacobsen won: – What has happened now?

– Anyway, I will not younger

– It has been extremely tough to get back to the level I am now, and get your body to obey again. Anyway, I will not younger with age. I was also relatively hassle when it comes Four Hills Square. I did not enter any fighting application in advance, says veteran before continuing:

– I was not taken out of the World Cup race Engelberg before Christmas, which in many ways is outlet flows. But I continued to work hard, and I knew the coaches talked about withdrawal.

Jacobsen chose to spend much time in the ground at Vikersund Christmas. He was aware of the task, and uses the word “process” to describe the way he works on.

He knew Stöckl had faith. But also that the Austrian would not have him if he had anything in Four Hills to do.

– I’d rather not be with if I had nothing to do.



Heard a little too much on the boom

He was the last place, and when he sat on the score before the competition last jump, it was with an outside-out-yourself experience.

– I attempting to block out what happens before me, but my helmet was not tight enough, so I heard what the speaker said. I perceived how far Ammann jumped and realized how far I had to jump to win. I managed to shake off my mind and look out at the magnificent mountains. It was a nice day.

Shortly after, when the triumph was in boxing, he felt a great relief.

– This victory is one of my biggest highs for myself, coming it thoughtfully.

Read also: the trainer: – Forfang can become Norway’s new star

Was completely empty podium

Jacobsen it became a dream day.

– On the podium I was just empty, it comes from Hønefoss jumper.

He received the coveted orb, flowers, and congratulations.

While photographers crowding about the surprise man stood a happy coach Alexander Stöckl and hugged his beloved roommate Ina Bergmann.

– I should take her to the races more often, said the coach, who felt that she had good impact.

He was also touched by what had happened and could not believe that the student would reach so far. He explained how the prelude had been, when he means making a choice between Anders Jacobsen and Tom Hilde, who later won a Continental Cuprenn (COC).

– I consulted with several coaches in Norway before it was determined that Anders would get square. They all said that it was he who had the greatest capacity. I was obviously agree, says the Austrian.



Was just unforgettable

Some moments are just magical. New Year Race is the ultimate in this tournament.

– Unforgettable, says sports director Clas Brede Braathen, about what happened this winter day. He is here jumping sport’s most optimistic person who always finds some bright spots anyway.

Now, he and the rest of Hop-Norway floodlights, and more can be.

Rune Velta came on 5th place, something Stöckl describes as amazing.

And Jacobsen believes it may be possible to win total too, if he continues in the same way.

– I got at least a lot of confidence through jumps here, said the winner, going Innsbruck today to continue the pursuit of the good moments.

– Now I gained a lot of confidence, which I’m so dependent. And nothing is impossible, explains Jacobsen, before heading to the hotel to enjoy themselves and call my wife.

– I have not given up winning overall.

Published: 01.jan. 2015 8:49 p.m.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment