Sunday, January 11, 2015

Olympic completely Tufte shelves buddy Sundby: – ​​Martin is a stayer – Aftenposten

Tour winner Martin Johnsrud Sundby was cheered on by Olympic champion Olaf Tufte when he had what vondest in monster hill.

the Alpe Cermis (aftenposten.no): Martin Johnsrud Sundby won the Tour de Ski for the second consecutive year.

He was jubilant and stated:

– This is the biggest I have experienced as an athlete! Competition this year tougher than last year. There has been a battle for seconds every day, it has not been possible to have a single weak today to win. Therefore, this feels great, said Johnsud Sundby having done away flowers ceremony and international press conference.

Read also: Sundby won the Tour de Ski: – It feels much better to win this year

First and foremost he believed that the Tour was a mental battle. And he got the great support of many helpers, among others from the Olympic hero Olaf Tufte.

– I’ve been in 10 centimeters above the bed. I have not been able to relax properly. I have not managed to find the tranquility I tend to have. Usually there competitions and so we are done with them. But now we bring competitions into the next day and into the new fight for seconds. You know that if you’re not on the ball, you lose the Tour de Ski. The mill which runs for 10 days, is extremely demanding.

– Last year you used mental coach Erik Bertrand Larssen much, you did it now?

– Erik and I have close contact. He is important to me. Perhaps even more important this year than last year. It ticked well a 7-8 SMS before I went today.

– What’s in those messages?

– No, there are things we work together as he wants me to think about and take forward when there are heaviest. That means sooo much to me. And then I have some buddies that I seek crash course in pain management at. He stood and cheered one my way down today. He named Olaf Tufte and has helped me to victory today. I have a lot of good friends in idrettsmiljøt and it is a great help to me.

– How do a course in pain management out?

– I have exchanged part messages with Olaf recent days. In my eyes he is one of the toughest athletes in Norway. I’ve tried searching tips on what has been like vondest. It has been awesome to have him up the hill today.

– Is the biggest challenge in the Tour de Ski the mental or physical?

– Physical is not the Tour de Ski the biggest challenge. But mentally it is the worst I can help. It is an amazing and cool concept, but it’s bones tough, said Sundby, who told what he said to himself when the body had vont up slalom slope Alpe Cermis:

– I stick stiff, but the others have it worse!

This is in line with the council he received from Olaf Tufte.

– Martin told me really just that he came to be very tired. So he asked me simply what you think of when you are tired. He just needed some toppings, maybe from a slightly different angle, says Tufte Aftenposten.

– What do you think of when you are hurting?

– I tend generally to think that the others have at least as bad, and that I like to have hurt, says adds rower to.

Run with Sundby

Tufte was familiar with Sundby during filming of the TV series “Best of the Best.” Since the two kept in touch. Tufte is currently on collection in Seiser Alm, but took a trip to cheer on Sundby and the other Norwegian ski hill Sunday.

Tufte unable to restrain herself when he saw Sundy at close range. Rower ran beside Sundby a piece while he shouted encouraging messages to skiing stars.

– What personality traits, Martin has made it possible to win the Tour de Ski two consecutive years?

– When Martin decides to do something, so he completes it. He is a stayer. He is very aware of their strengths, and also aware of the pages where he is not the best. He is honest with myself, I think it’s important, says Tufte, who bets against the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

Read also: Northug plan: – VM charge in Russia

New impression top Falun

Johnsrud Sundby felt bad in the beginning. Petter Northug had higher speed down to climb started.

When the incline started went Johnsrud Sundby steadily from Northug. In goal was the distance of 34.5 seconds.

– Why is this the greatest thing you’ve experienced as an athlete?

– The competition is extremely a lot tougher. There have been 10 to 12 seconds that have separated us top four the last four days. It has been a fight without equal with high shoulders and a lot of stress. It was a huge relief to be first across the finish line.

– What’s the plan in Falun?

– Hopefully there will be four distances anyway. But I and Petter have discussed that there had been walking a team sprint together!

– How will you reach a new impression top Falun?

– Now I’m going home to calm down some days. I’ll kicking it, not thinking a meter in cross country. Then I’ll begin training kjøret towards the World Cup. I come in the form when I coach as heck, and I will do towards the World Championships in Falun well. First I recharge, then it becomes executable I’m not looking forward to.

– How long calms you down?

– Now it becomes a week of quiet training and many days of free, and play with my two year old son.

– Are you the world’s best skier moment?

– I’m certainly quite raw at this Tour concept!

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment