Saturday, January 10, 2015

Johaug about Bjoergen duel – I thought, “uuuuh, what is happening now?” – Aftenposten

A ski trip with the coaches helped Therese Johaug back on track and to win against Marit Bjoergen.

VAL DI FIEMME (Aftenposten.no): A gledeshyl resounded throughout the valley Val di Fiemme. First a far “jaaaaaa”. And then one to.

For defending champion Therese Johaug has Tour de Ski been heavy. But on the penultimate stage was Johaug back on the winning track. She won her first mass. And for the first time sprinted Johaug from invincible Marit Bjoergen.

She tells about a ski trip with coach Egil Kristiansen and technique coach Pål Gunnar Mikkelsplass on day off.

– When you have not got out your best you are sharpened on small details. Yesterday I worked very hard with both Egil and Pål Gunnar on my technique. We filmed a lot. Both on the run and on slopes. We grabbed the simple things and focused on it. I felt that it helped that I was back where I’ve been.

She was both happy and relieved after the victory. Johaug admitted that she was smooth field happiest finish.

– Marit has been queen of this tour and shown solid form. But the fact that I could be in the lead and beat Marit in a sprint, gives a very good self-esteem and confidence when I’m going into a training towards the World Cup.

Johaug seemed a little surprised that she managed to beat Bjoergen on the run.

– I knew that I had good speed and could only sit in the slot and sail past her. I thought, “uuuuh, what is happening now? I just gotta stake, stake”. I saw the me that she would come up. Then I thought, “No, she shall not!”.

She is a chance to recoup the superb overall leader Bjoergen up Alpe Cermis. But she has the ability to grab Heidi Weng, 40 seconds ahead.

Last year struck Johaug their internationals friend with one minute in the same hill.

– The opportunity is there. Meanwhile shall include 40 seconds, it will be an exciting race. Now I’ll add feet high and recharge. I look forward horrible to wake up Monday morning and not be nervous anymore.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment