Thursday, January 8, 2015

Northug pointing at Sundby as Tour favorite – Dagsavisen

He is incidentally far from alone in viewing.

Northug was – almost as usual – at the tail of the four-man tetfeltet through 24.5 of the 25 kilometers on the 5th stage but parked competitors up the last hill and over the top down at Nordic Arena in Toblach.

– I think it sitting one next to me who is stronger, and it showed he well today too. Had there been an individual start, it would have been enormous difference from me and up to him. I just try to bite me stuck as best I can in the last hill, said overall leader during the international press conference.

He next was the third placed Martin Johnsrud Sundby.

Reprise

Northug has time and again repeated that he is not a man for shutting down in Val di Fiemme, and repeated it again after his 13 . stage win in the Tour de Ski context.

– I’ve tried to hang up the last hill before, and I have not succeeded. I make an effort again, and I think most people know that I do not release until it’s “game over”, and then I may have used up several lives already. I will certainly fight to stop, said 29-year-old.

Although Northug took the sprint as he would, he told about a heavy travel along the way.

– Martin was very strong, and when he sped up, we got many seconds to the rear. Belov was also strong. I was very tired in the third and fourth round and had to fight to keep me. It’s close between the first four, but we know from previous years that it can happen things in 15-kilometer Val di Fiemme, said Northug.

On 15-kilometer in classic mass start, the plan ready. He must be in the lead and fight for the maximum of 45 bonus seconds up for grabs.



Russian jaw

While the Russian Evgeniy Belov was evident angry Northug that he contributed during the Thursday’s races, the tone was completely different from the other two top summary; Martin Johnsrud Sundby and Calle Halfvarsson.

– It was a nice day and it was good dynamics among us four in the lead. I think anyone who had something to contribute did the job well.

Sundby think Halfvarsson had more than enough to hang out with after spending part forces the opening.

– He felt enough not as strong way, but was still in front and took part guidance upwards. I and Belov roll lately well underway, says Sundby.



distanced Cologna

– Petter seems enough it went more than fast enough. There was not a second in the track where there was not someone who took responsibility. When did the group good, and we went bad quickly underway, said Sundby.

It went so fast that several of the other folded candidates had the opportunity to keep the same pace.

– It is not often that a group work as well as today. We put almost a minute in the sack on Dario (Cologna) of 25 kilometers, in a leg he tends to be quite raw on. I am delighted.

Northug seven seconds down to Halfvarsson before Saturday’s leg. Down to Sundby it is 12.2 seconds. Belov is 12.4 seconds behind. (NTB)

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment