Thursday, March 31, 2016

Kristoff lost the overall victory – Dagbladet.no

DE PAN / OSLO (procycling.no): Before the closing time trial judged that a close second contention to win the stage race Driedaagse De Panne, preferably between leading Alexander Kristoff and his two violations comrades from the first leg.

Unfortunately for the Norwegian cycling star held no effort to defend the impressive overall victory from last year.

Kristoff was beaten by 25 seconds by Dutch Lieuwe Westra (Astana).

– I must say I’m pleased. It was somewhat expected that I would lose to Westra. I had the hope, of course, that I would be able to keep him behind me. It was not so much what stood about, says Kristoff to procycling.no.



Not quite as planned

Kristoff said he could not quite keep the pace he had set for himself in advance. He missed including a few seconds at a bend where he had been dew in the visor her. But it would still not have been enough till to hollde away for Westra.

Yet forecasts 28-year-old that he feels well on the way back from being on the top stroke before the Tour of Flanders on Sunday. In recent weeks is Kristoff been set back by illness and has been over race he really had the race schedule.

– I coughs and splutters a little. I feel that my legs were better today than yesterday and that it loosens a bit. But Flanders is coming fast now, so we’ll see if it is top notch for Sunday, adding Kristoff.

• Read more: – Had I been strong enough, I had taken it

While Westra could cheering triumph after setting the fourth best time goal was the Norwegian profile of Team Katusha clocked in at 18.07. It was the eighth best end of the 14.2 kilograms meters.

– I am very happy for this victory. Previously I’ve been second here several times. Before the start hoped I anything but second place. But I had good legs, that I showed at all stages. I had a very strong team in the back and I must thank them too, summed Westra.



Close by passing

Kristoff started the final day in De Panne overall leader. With third place on the short mass leg this morning increased Kristoff also lead to Astana duo Alexey Lutsenko and Westra.

Seven seconds separated down from Stavanger runner to Kazakh Lutsenko In summary, while the pace strong Westra was a further five seconds behind.

On passing along had Swede lost roughly half of its lead to Lutsenko, while Westra buttoned in seconds on both. Kristoff kept førstnenvte behind him, but did little to line up with the Astana experienced Dutchman.

Polish Maciej Bodnar (Tinkoff) won the time trial after a particularly dense tidelskamp against Tony Martin (Team Quick Step ) and Tom Bohli (BMC). All three rode the 14.2 kilograms meters at times within the same second.

But time sit was on Bodnars side, although both he and Martin Bohli officially cycled at 17.39.

PS: Daniel Hoelgaard (FDJ) completed at 18.48 and got a nice passage, despite the pain in his hand after a rollover at the end of Thursday’s Mass leg. With 1:09 minutes weaker than Bodnar was freshman pro number 28 on stage.

This article is provided by sykklnettstedet www.procycling.no.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment