Thursday, December 31, 2015

Johaug: – Wish Tour de Ski not started with sprint – TV 2

Therese Johaug is big favorite in the Tour de Ski. In the World Cup, she has been unapproachable this season. Two years ago was the first woman up the monster hill Alpe Cermis, and without Marit Bjoergen at the starting line, there is little to suggest that she will not be able to repeat it now for years.

charged in height
Johaug charging to the Tour de Ski in Davos since 2nd Christmas Day. 27-year-old from Dalsbygda has spent the time to acclimate to the altitude that awaits in Lenzerheide. Johaug admits she is excited before the Tour.

– It feels really good to come here to Lenzerheide. It is one of the season’s biggest highlight and something we’ve talked about incredibly long, she says.

1. January is the sprint in free technique. About Johaug has some weak points, it is precisely sprint. She is aware that she has to use the other tabs to catch up bonus seconds she’ll lose at the first stage.

– I would not mind me that it started with the sprint, but the two Sprints must be done away. I know it is an important and challenging day tomorrow. I hope to get with me so many bonus seconds as possible, but in my head I am aware that there are seven stages again if it was not going to go well. On Saturday there are 15 kilometers and the I really look forward to, says Johaug.

– Prepared to be behind
In Toblach just before Christmas fails Johaug to advance from the prologue. In Kuusamo and Davos, she was respectively numbers 18 and 19 in the sprint. Therefore she has moderate ambitions before the sprint in Lenzerheide.

– It would be really great with a good location in the quarterfinals or if I’m going to the semifinals. There are small margins determine whether to proceed or not. I am aware that I am going to be a bit behind after the first contests, said Johaug.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment