Thursday, December 24, 2015

Northug reveal unknown details about femmilsbragden: – I was totally ruined – Dagbladet.no

DAVOS (Dagbladet): The images of Petter Northug tearfully after winning sprint gold in Falun on VMs very first day let there be no doubt about how much exactly what gold meant for cross-king.

There he previously mostly have smiled from ear to ear while gold hung around his neck, commanded the first gold in Falun on completely different feelings.

After filling traffic island in May last year had Petter barricaded herself in a bubble with just one aim in mind: WSC in Falun. He was to rebuild itself as a skier and cross-country win back the throne and the Norwegian people’s respect.

It’s no wonder it came a few tears when he succeeds already in the first attempt.

– The World Cup was the an adventure. You can pick out things that one could never foreseen when sitting here now, in retrospect, says Petter Northug Dagbladet.



Thanking the people


fairytale about Petter Northug gets year crowned with People Sport Price in Dagbladet. In the voting carried out in all Dagbladet channels were Northug vastly superior, and the prize 25 years receive Petter for the first time.

– There is huge. Especially considering that the population is involved in voice. You feel like a part of them while performing the national sport cross country, so that they fail to achieve their goals while satisfying those around him and the population so that you get a price, it makes you it hangs very high, says Petter.

When he secured the sprint gold in Falun, he was careful to thank for the support he had received up to the World Cup. Despite all that had happened, he felt that he had the people in the back, and therefore he thanked also humbly for the support in the hours after the triumph.

He felt he owed the Norwegian people that gold he stood with round neck. Now, with the People’s Sports Price in hand, he repeats stack.

– I want to thank everyone who has supported me over the last year on the road towards Falun. When I have trained my tough workouts, my long walks, so there is always someone, unknown people, but people who drive past, giving thumbs up or say “stand on, Petter.” You do not get any better support from the people than just that. When you walk past a nursery as there are always some who are rooting for you and call you, and stuff like that is something that is very motivating for us who are out in the woods and outdoors several hours a day and exercising. I must thank all those who have pushed me forward and supported me. They mean perhaps more than they think when they do that kind of small things.

Gold on gold on gold


Petter and all of us who followed eagerly in front of television screens, was sprint gold just the beginning of the adventure in the Swedish forests. Along with Finn Haagen Krogh he took a superior gold in team sprint, before he as usual spurtslo Calle Halfvarsson and Sweden on the relay.

There are so many highlights to choose from, and yet we have not mentioned the femmila which crowned the whole championship. What is the current one at Petter yourself?

– The first thing you think is what coming to Sweden with the pressure that was around a World Cup in Falun. And then start. That one wins the first distance, my first individual World Championship gold in sprint. There I had only silver from Oslo and Val di Fiemme, and bronze from Vancouver. To get the gold there was large. The stand with my brother in all the heats were also special. Both in quarter, semi and final, he recalls.

– And then we got the the relay against Sweden as we had predicted in advance. Where was the Norway-on-Sweden duel towards the end, in Falun, that was also something many had dreamed of. They got it because, as they would, he smiles.

Femmilslegenden


Talking to Petter Northug on the World Championships in Falun without mentioning the last distance is impossible. VM femmila. It all will win. Where the taste of blood and diplopia is part of the package almost no matter how it goes.

VM-femmila in Falun, in slopes of snow that resembled sugar, where rain and sleet made the going so absorbent that any lubricates with respect for itself had stomach ache all the way and where running time was so long that if not television images were in colors you could have thought it was from another time.

Yes, except that Petter Northug were once again left standing as femmilsvinner, then. For the fourth time in a championship and right up there among legends like Sixten Jernberg and … no others.

As number three in the run-up staked himself between and under the arms of Russian Maksim Vylegsjanin and Czech Lukas Bauer. Morale on Lugnet ski stadium in Falun was electric.

– It was the a thriller where, at the end. There may be many stories about femmila which was that it was due to conditions, weather and the challenges faced. People were tired and it was a group ultimately vying for the gold, and there I found my way up to be the first across goal, says Northug even, unusually little detail there.

– Do you remember nothing ?

– the run I remember. I was so tired. I had spent so much effort to get me up to the forefront. I was absolutely devastated when I came in contact with Bauer and Vylegsjanin, so I had to give a few meters walking down towards the stadium. Actually, I should be a little closer, but I’m so tired. When I arrive on the run and they get two seconds pause there and start walking towards the goal, then I’ve got the two seconds of pause that I need to asked, and then it is just like a … says he.

He is moving now. Memories flows.

– That I get between there is the … I would not search out the page at once, for I am so tired. I would lie on the tails until I feel that it is a mulgihet but I find sort of a sort of opening there, then. It’s a chance to take, but it also had perhaps been a chance to take to exit to the left or right as Vylegsjanin do. Then again it is well that we are doing the right thing when it matters most. How I can do it I can not explain, because you can not plan things like that, it needs to happen there and then. In that moment.

No realize


You speak with Northug konnkurrenter it is mostly two things they mention when describing Petters qualities. The obvious is the sprint, the other is how he always manages to maneuver his way to the forefront of the field.

But what most people wonder when they meet Petter Northug?

– It’s probably how I got ahead on femmila. They do not understand it. They wonder about it, and so did not I answer myself. I do not know it, once. I’ve seen it myself, and it’s very strange. It shall not be possible, but I can do it the. And that’s what I say, people who have such a high winning instinct is probably some sort of trance at the end there. They manage to make things right down to every little detail, things that one may not be able to do some other times, except the one time it matters most.

And just the property, that Petter Northug is best when it matters most, has given him the People’s Sports Price year. The price set a sentence for an adventure of a year, which began at the worst possible view of a roundabout on Byåsen in Trondheim, and joined forearms on Maksim Vylegsjanin and Lukas Bauer beside Lugnetvägen in Falun 1 March 2015.

It was the erection Petter Northug dreamed. It was the erection he got.

– It is satisfying and very good to get this award. The feeling I had at the start of the World Cup, and the relief when I won the sprint, was that you with all your heart and winner instinct would show that you were back. To get to do it the way I did was big for me, but not true, it was huge for those around me and those who have followed me too. You felt like you gave something to them, and it is clear, when you feel like you get a little back, too, through such a price.

• Petter Northug next competition is the Tour de Ski, which begins January 1.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment