Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Anders Bardal add up – Aftenposten

– Now I look forward to cultivate my other values ​​in life, said Bardal.

Anders Bardal retires ski jumper after 15 years in the world. Sunday’s race at Holmenkollen was his last.

trøndere is with the Planica the weekend, but only as a spectator.

“It feels sad, but appropriate to sentence today. I have made my last ski jumping. After 25 years as ski jumper, 15 of them in the World Cup circus, I have decided to add ski shelved. On Sunday 15 March 2015 I jumped my last jump at Holmenkollen.

I’ve always said that I should give me while the going is good. It is neither joy of sport or physics that no longer holds, but I know very well what is required of an athlete on my level. I no longer feel I have 100 percent motivation and wanting to lay down what is required to remain in the world. Therefore, some with more motivation and desire to get my place in the coming years. This I knew after this year’s World Championships in Falun. It keeps now.

Now I look forward to cultivate my other values ​​in life. I have a patient wife who deserve to have me more at home. I have children who need a dad nearby. Together we shall summer build our own home in Steinkjer, and I’ll eventually start to work in Sparebank 1 SMN.

I am proud and grateful to have been represented Norway in a sport I love most . To sit on the boom with the Norwegian flag on the helmet has given me some of my best memories. It has been a long and eventful career with both ups and downs. The last four seasons have been a great experience.

I have experienced many unforgettable moments, hopefully I have also created some for all you supplied, and through these, I hope that I may have given my little contribution to continue our proud tradition as one of world’s major jumps nations.

I’m excited about how it is to live a life without ski jumping. I’ve never tried before but am looking forward to taking on the new everyday. Maybe I’m coming back to the hill later, but in a different role?

I will with respect, humility and joy be allowed to thank family, leaders in my local community, coaches, managers athletes, sponsors, audience and all you others who have contributed to that I have experienced this time. Thank you so shall you all have. “

The case is updated

Published: 19 March. 2015 6:35

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment