Thursday, March 26, 2015

Northug threw clothes dalillebroren finally won – NRK

– It is difficult to put words on a day like this, it means so much to me, for those who are here, for those around, those behind . It is a great day, and emotionally perhaps the biggest day of his career. It is with relief standing here now at night when you come a little for themselves.

Petter Northug are only boxer and talking to the camera documenting his way back to the top.

He is undressed where he stands, but he has just regained the right to dress in skikongekappa. Admission is done shortly after Northug has received the medal showing that he is a world champion – again.

At. 20.25 Sunday shows BBC1 documentary “Northug triumph,” which is about the World Cup in Falun. A championship where Northug should rise from the Olympic debacle in Sochi and not least fill traffic island in May. A championship where the old king to restore her honor and pride.



– Had no choice

It was his best championship ever, with four gold medals. As the first in history, he won the sprint and femmila same championship.

Much of the documentary is about Sprint. The very first race in Falun.

The only thing that stood in the head on Northug, the gold

– Well we had really no choice. But it is an outdoor sport, and it is a sports arena, so you never know what can happen. If it had gone bad in the World Cup … So, I’ll tackle defeat as good as I handle ups. But it is clear, my head wanted something completely different this time. My head would have gold, says Northug.

That it was brother Tomas who would prove to be one of his toughest competitors in the first World Cup exercise was nothing Petter had thought at entrance to 2015.

That changed after Tomas Northug took his first World Cup victory in Otepää.



KING: With First World Cup gold in Falun Petter Northug the most successful World Cup run in the men’s cross country.

Photo: CHRISTOF Stache / AFP

– The boiled completely

The experience was perhaps even stronger for Peter, who sat in front of the TV screen at home on Byåsen. In the beginning he sat, at least. Then he rose. Before he ended on the floor in a pool of his own sweat.

– I started the clothing on. But I can not explain where they went. For I have obviously managed to undress during the finals without me thinking about it. I threw the shirt and threw his pants and stood in only boxer, I was through sweating, says Northug documentary.

– I saw it was weed, and when cooked it completely for me. I stood and jumped and yelled at Tomas that he had to run, because they could get. You just yelling and yelling and standing there and screaming, and suddenly he’s in goal, and you lie there myself on the ground, you are completely finished and you do not think it’s true. You think you are in bed and dreams yet. So just shake my head and go out on a training and getting aired me. One thing is to walk, but to see Tomas and Even go, it’s the worst!

Tomas Northug victory in Otepää was the superior battle.

Tomas Northug victory in Otepää was the superior battle.

Inspired by his little brother

World Cup sprint so neither Petter Northug or Tomas Northug on TV. Tomas Northug dominated during complete, from the prologue and even the semifinals.

Both in the quarter- and semifinals brothers went together.

– What inspires me is that Tomas is then spike. He goes so well in the first hill. I’m struggling a bit, is still a bit on the diesel engine and has not woken properly yet. It ends up that we take twice in the quarters. I knew then that we would meet in the semi, and just when I felt that Tomas was much stronger than me that day, in fact, admits Petter now in retrospect.

Before the semifinals, Norway had a sterling challenge. Northug brothers, Ola Vigen Hattestad and Eirik Brandsdal was in the same heat. Only two could go directly to the final.

That was the recipe simple – the highest possible speed to get several man finale of “lucky loser” quotas.

VIDEO: Petter Northug was ecstatic when his little brother Tomas won his first World Cup.

VIDEO: Petter Northug was ecstatic when brother Tomas won his first World Cup.

“What happens brorsan? “

Cruise control was, again, Tomas Northug.

– We get second ring that we are two seconds before the first heat. I feel the speed is so high that I think, “here we go quadruple further,” says Peter.

While Tomas kept full throttle to finish, could tactician Petter control. It may have been decisive in the final. For there it was Petter who had most power when the battery went flat for Tomas.

– I was told by Arild Monsen to maintain high speed, and I did, and took really a team there, you can say, recognizing Tomas documentary.

He was number six in the world championship debut. It was enough to impress big brother.

– His first World Cup and he did not feel, somehow. I remember my first World Cup, how nervous I was, but he seemed icy. And take the lead, zero respect, kegs on, you are almost … “He shocks once again”, I felt. “What is happening with brorsan, what is he has not said to me as he has done for the past two or three months?” It was incredibly fun. That we should go all the way to the finals both, it was big.



Feared Vancouver replay

Before the final knew Northug that he had a major drawback of having gone both last quarterfinal and semifinal last. He had less rest than the two that came from the first semifinal. And it was not anyone. There stood namely World Cup and Olympic champion Nikita Kriukov and the Italian breakthrough husband Federico Pellegrino.

Northug thoughts went back to the Olympics in Vancouver. Also there had Northug passed last semi. Kriukov had gone first. And took the gold.

– It was rerun. Kriukov, who won, standing there. Has passed the first semifinal and had the most break. I got a little flashback from the Olympic final in Vancouver. And then I started just to think that “now I have two silver in the World Championships of Val di Fiemme and Oslo, I have bronze from the Olympics, never won a championship sprint, now I get one chance, now I must use it,” says Petter documentary.

He used it.

And then the tears came.



THANKS, GRANDPA! Petter Northug. thought Northug sr. when he finally was back on top.

Photo: Grøtt, Vegard Wivestad / NTB scanpix

– Forget never Sprint

– Sprint is perhaps the race I have been most relieved in my whole life. It was like a backpack that fell off me, as I think of them fell around me, the whole team, all together. Then it is difficult to hold back the tears, especially when you go with a brother who is with the finals and that folds around you after you have been world champion.

There is another Today I’m never going to forget. Never, says Petter Northug thoughtfully.

While the brothers were in the stack at the finish that day, stood dad John and mom May the stands and hardly knew where they were going to do to them.

03.26.2015, at. 13.58

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment