Sunday, March 29, 2015

Boasson Hagen has broken collarbone – Dagbladet.no

(Dagbladet / procycling.no): Edvald Boasson Hagen crashed into a pole in Gent-Wevelgem.

Meanwhile, he could wave goodbye to the cobblestone classics of Flanders and Paris-Roubaix:

– It was windy and many overturning. I sat in the first group of fan, but so was the whole fan pushed out on the left side. I ended up in the ditch, and Trek rider fell in the river. I hit a post with his shoulder, and it hurt, said Boasson Hagen to procycling.no.

On Sunday evening confirms his team MTN Qhubeka that north man has incurred collar bone fracture as a result of the crash.



10 mil breach

For Boasson Hagen was not race over. He got back on the bike and pedaled tirelessly towards Wevelgem.

– I cycled 100 km to. I knew they shoulder, but I did not know there were violations.

The medical examination proved a breach in the outer part of the right collarbone. Not enough that surgery is required, but enough that spring highlights bust.

Again.

Earlier Boasson Hagen lost all or part of vårklassikerne because of inflammation in akillesen and collarbone fracture.

– It is a pity, that. I can not be in the classics, but there is little to do with it now, he acknowledges.



Growing in form

Swede announced transition from Team Sky to MTN Qhubeka front this season. The last races have shown that he has been heading towards great shape.

He was number ten in Milan-Sanremo and felt very vigorous during Wednesday’s E3 Harelbeke.

– Then I had bad luck with both puncture and well underway, but I felt really good.

Sunday skirmishes during Gent-Wevelgem was very tarnished by weather conditions. It has little of cycling on the pro level riders outright being blown off their bikes.

– I do not know if this is something we should tackle. When outright being blown off the road, there is little we can I get. I will not say that it should have been called off, but when only 39 man completes, says a bit about the weathering influence on race, quit Boasson Hagen.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment