Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thoresen finished in Russian hockey – Fædrelandsvennen

Teams player stairs down career.

– There is 10 percent chance that I might be again, and 90 percent chance that I leave. So the chances that I will be one year is very small, says Patrick Thoresen TV 2.

After six years in the Russian hockey league, the KHL, the man with 54 caps had enough. His contract with SKA Saint Petersburg expires after the season, and Thoresen says the TV channel that he does not intend to renew it.

Read also: Monetary Feast of Russian hockey: Norwegian hockey stars part of the escape

– It is a bit sad. I have not been in a club more than a few years earlier, and now I’ve been here four years in SKA. I’ve had a nice time here, so little wonder it is not to go back next year. But it will be some delicious too, says Thoresen, who previously played for Salavat Yulaev Ufa in the same league.



Taking into account the family

The wife and children have already moved home from Russia, and it is for the sake of them that 31-year-old has decided to step down.

– I’m getting a bit full on all the traveling, and it’s clear that much away from family. I go the missed much monitoring of my children, where everything is left to my wife. I have no desire to sit there when they are 18 to 20 years, also I have missed almost everything. I get helped more of their lives in Europe where one is more at home, he stressed.

He envisions to continue his career in either Sweden or Switzerland. Although he confirms to TV2 that his old club in Switzerland, Lugano, has been interested in signing him back for several years.



Bad start at semifinals

Thursday went Thoresen and teammates a bad start in the semifinal against CSKA Moscow. They lost 0-3 in the first game.

The best played in seven games in the semifinals, and settlements between CSKA and SKA is final in the west department.

Thoresen got 15.31 minutes on the ice, but he had no shots on goal.

Bars Kazan and Siberia plays in the other semifinal.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment