Thursday, March 19, 2015

Anders Bardal add up: – Tears – NRK

His last jump, according to him, was in Holmenkollen Sunday. He’s not going to participate in Planica this weekend.



VETERAN: Bardal has experienced much. This picture is from the Four Hills Tournament.

Photo: Bendiksby, Terje / NTB scanpix

– I can not see myself that I should start a new season, said Bardal VG, who first brought the news Thursday morning.

Norwegian Ski mailers alike by a press release in which they confirmed the news.

– Feels sad

Bardal is among the most accomplished jumpers.

He has won the overall World Cup (2012), World Championship gold in normal hill (2013), Olympic bronze normal hill (2014) and World Championship gold in layers (2015).

– It feels sad, but appropriate to sentence today. I’ve done my last ski jumping. After 25 years as ski jumper, 15 of them in the World Cup circus, I have decided to add ski shelved. Sunday 15 March 2015 I jumped my last jump at Holmenkollen, says Bardal.

Now, he looks forward to spending more time with family.

– It will be very special, but I’m really looking forward to the new life, he says to NRK.

– Now I look forward to cultivate my other values ​​in life. I have a patient wife who deserve to have me more at home. I have children who need a dad nearby. Together we shall summer build our own home in Steinkjer.

– It does not get a little weird?

– It will be very strange, in at least when it starts to go into the winter again, but I think it will be very good, he says to NRK.

trøndere tells that it was after the World Cup in Falun, he noticed that the motivation was missing.

– I no longer feel I have 100 percent motivation and desire to add Download it required to remain in the world. Therefore someone with more motivation and desire to get my place in the coming years. This I knew after this year’s World Championships in Falun. It keeps now.



Anders Bardal with jumps made who took gold in Falun.

Photo: Bendiksby, Terje / NTB scanpix

Picking Anders Jacobsen

Roommate Anders Jacobsen should have been the first of the national ski jumpers who got the message. It happened before the race at Holmenkollen Sunday.

– I said “today I think it will be my last ski jumping.” It felt tough. And the tears rolled, he tells VG.

Bardal has been plagued by injuries this season after breaking his wrist in Wisla. He managed, however, to fight back, and took both gold medal in team jumping event and VM silver in mixed competition in Falun.

The damage from Wisla should still have been a turning point for Bardal and led to the decision to add up.

– I am proud and grateful to have been represented Norway in a sport I love most. To sit on the boom with the Norwegian flag on the helmet has given me some of my best memories. It has been a long and eventful career with both ups and downs. The last four seasons have been a great experience.

– There is neither joy of sport or physics that no longer holds, but I know very well what is required of an athlete on my level, said Bardal, who gives coach Alexander Stöckl much of the credit for the success he has had.



GOOD RELATIONS: Teams Head Alexander Stöckl and Anders Bardal.

Photo: Bendiksby, Terje / NTB scanpix

Stöckl: – Was taken a bit by surprise

Bardal has given coach Alexander Stöckl much of the credit for their own progress. Stöckl tells NRK that he received the news of Bardal just before Holmenkollen race Sunday.

– He talked to me and said that he would add up. He said he did not feel a hundred percent motivated to continue jumping. I did not get any signals before it.

– I was probably taken a little by surprise and a bit disappointed. But you can not force people, he said.

Stöckl says Bardal has been a role model for the whole team.

– So we’re going to miss him, he comments.

– What is your best memory with Bardal?



SAD NEWS: The sporting director Clas Brede Braathen.

Photo: Grøtt, Vegard Wivestad / NTB scanpix

– It must be when he won gulll and stood on the podium in Val di Fiemme. He looked like a toddler who enjoyed a klubbmesterskap. It was very special.



– Difficult to fill the void

The sporting director Clas Brede Braathen tells NRK that Bardal has not shown any sign that his career was over.

– But it is a little way he is. It is not entirely Anders Bardal to make a final jump, it gets too much attention. There is nothing that is done partly there. There has been full effort all the time. We would like to have him on, but everything has its time, he said.

He does not believe it is possible to fill the void that now occurs on the national team when Bardal thank for them.

– But it is in itself not a goal, we have to build a new structure, but we lose a fantastic performer.

Anders Bardal even feel that he has been joined by almost everything during his long career as he now adds up. Except one thing.

– The only thing missing is a podium at the Four Hills Tournament, but it gets to be. It gets someone else take care, he said.

VIDEO: Anders Bardal takes gold medal in 2013.

VIDEO: Anders Bardal takes gold medal in 2013.

VIDEO: Norway takes gold medal in team jumping event Falun.

VIDEO: Norway takes gold medal in team jumping event in Falun.

03.19.2015, at. 06.16

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment