Saturday, March 21, 2015

“Sausage” about Birken-winner: – A fantastic runner, but next year I’ll crush … – Aftenposten

Petter Eliassen gets praised by the competition.

LILLEHAMMER (aftenposten.no): Petter Eliassen, actually from Byåsen in Trondheim, but resident in Alta, went Saturday to triumph in the Birkebeinerrennet.

– It has been very unexpected that it would be so good, says Eliassen about the season.

At the time 2:19:28 he smashed the previous record trail in what was his first participation in Birkenhead. One now has plans to tilt Eliassen down from the throne Øystein “Pølsa” Pettersen.

– Petter is an amazing skier, and I begrudge him success, but I lay no secret that I’m next season and for that matter also next weekend plans to crush him, says Pettersen and aiming for when the season ends in Årefjällsloppet.

Pettersen went hard from the start in Rena, hoping to shake off the competition. He ended eighth.

– I could not have gone one second faster on the first kilometers. Unfortunately there was some front where that was in better shape than me, he said.

Read also: Alsgaard about Birken-winner pioneering choices: – Do not like the newfangled stuff

Sundby: – ​​Far behind my best

World Cup winner Martin Johnsrud Sundby hung Eliassen long, but was parked by the winner two kilometers before the finish. Sundby went into second place in the 54 km long course.

– I feel I’m in good shape, but have not gotten my way up again. I have done some tests and are quite far behind it I’m at my best, says Johnsrud Sundby.

Having been virtually unbeatable large parts of the World season, including when he went in to his second straight Tour de Ski triumph, it has gone heavier 30-year-old. Championships in Falun in February were more or less destroyed by disease.

– It is hard to say whether I could have won Birkenhead even though I had been in the top stroke. It is far from what I’m doing to normal. But I’m very impressed with what they like doing it here perform, says Sundby.



Sick Aukland denied breaking

Scant ten minutes after the winner passed Anders Aukland line. Before Birken he was the leader of the World Cup in long runs.

– It was here heavily. I had a bad night, ate not and vomited a little. I did what I could until we were about halfway, then smoke it completely, says Aukland.

On the women’s side, it was not surprising Therese Johaug which went to the top, a record speed of 2:41:46.

– The record will stand – if not forever – very long, said NRK expert Torgeir Bjørn about what was Johaug first participation in Birkebeinerrennet.

Birkebeinerrennet Saturday 54 km from Rena to Lillehammer:

Men elite:

1) Petter Eliassen, Norway 10/02/28 (course record), 2) Martin Johnsrud Sundby, Norway 2.19. 38, 3) John Kristian Dahl, Norway 2.19.43, 4) Iivo Niskanen, Finland 2.21.41, 5) Stanislav Řezáč, Czech 2.23.17, 6) Eldar Rønning, Norway 2.23.19, 7) Tord Asle Gjerdalen, Norway 2.23.27, 8) Øystein Pettersen, Norway 2.23.35, 9) Tore B. Berdal, Norway 2.24.19, 10) Lukas Bauer, Czech Republic 2.24.20.

Women elite:

1) Therese Johaug, Norway 2.41.46 (course record), 2) Katerina Smutna, Czech 2.44.27, 3) Seraina Boner, Switzerland 2.44.29, 4) Masako Ishida, Japan 2.44 .35, 5) Kerrtu Niskanen, Finland 2.45.48, 6) Eva Nyvltova, Czech 2.51.33, 7) Laila Ahrlin Kveli, Norway 2.53.51, 8) Emilie Kristoffersen, Norway 2.54.51, 9) Barbro Kvåle, Norway 2.56.25, 10) Rahel Imoberdorf, Switzerland 2.57.46.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment