Sunday, October 12, 2014

The message from cancer Emma (13) is the star world to break into tears – Dagbladet.no

(Dagbladet): In winter, the American Mikaela Shiffrin Olympic champion in slalom and also this season stern 19-year-old to be at the top when the pods were to be completed in the most technical ski branches.

One of Shiffrin very biggest supporters is 13 years old Emma Lundell from Örnsköldsvik in Sweden, the Swedish newspaper Expressen had with him a video greeting from her when they met skiing the star.

The two have actually met before.

– Gave me strength

The Swedish girl has spent most of his youth to fight against leukemia, but his tough upbringing was a bright spot when she was two years ago, hit his idol during the World Cup in Åre.

After the meeting Shiffrin wrote on Facebook:

– This evening, I met a young Swedish girl, Emma Lundell. She has leukemia and she is amazing. The best Christmas gift I could have was to see Emma laugh. Thank you.

It was clear that their previous meeting had also taken their toll in young Emma who has found both inspiration and strength for the evening.

– I want you to know that our brief encounter gave me the strength to continue to fight to defeat cancer. You and your mom was so humble and kind. Today I do not get on chemotherapy longer, I feel much better. I have got hair back, and I know I’ll be stronger with each day that passes.



Greetings back

Shiffrin burst into tears after seeing the touching greeting from the young girl, and tells how it happened that the two met at that time in Åre.

– I’ve thought a lot about her. When I met her in Åre, I had just taken my first World Cup victory. It was a night of competition, I was tired and I knew that I just wanted to call home to my brother and dad. Then she suddenly stood there and said only: “I have cancer, we could take a picture together?”. That’s all, tells a stirred Shiffrin.

And Emma is also a pleasant surprise. Having collected himself comes Shiffrin namely with a greeting back to the Swedish 13-year-old.

– Emma, ​​I’m so glad that you are fine and that you have finished your chemotherapy. Your hair is beautiful! I hope we meet again, maybe in Åre. I think of you often and I’m glad I met you, for you to do that I keep feet on the ground when I’m being arrogant. I think about how tough it all must have been for you and I wish you all the best, she says.

• See the touching video at the top of the article

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment