Monday, February 15, 2016

A question from Beckham got Andy Cole to break the silence about the disease – Dagbladet.no

(Dagbladet): the former football star is Andy Cole (44) says in an interview with BBC that he is struggling health.

– The kidneys are never completely well again. If the works 70 to 80 percent I should be happy, says Cole.

Andy Cole was one of England’s most venomous spikes in the 1990s and is best known for his role in Manchester United, where he played with, among others Ole Gunnar Solskjaer in the forward ranks.

Cole won five Premier League titles and got one Champions League trophy before retiring in 2008.

But as football pensioner has health Cole ailing. The former football player was diagnosed with kidney disease Focal Segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS). It occurs when scarring inhibits kidney’s ability to filter blood.

– It was hard to accept that I was sick. I did not want my family would worry about me. The toughest was that I let me. When I retired as a footballer, I promised my children that I would not put on weight because footballers who gives up just eating and drinking, says Andy Cole.

It was after the former Manchester United colleague David Beckham asked Cole about to set up a charity match that he chose to talk about the disease.

– “Becks” asked if I would play this game for UNICEF and I was desperate to be involved. Sir Alex Ferguson said to organizers that “Coley has zero chances to play because he is ill.” Then I realized that I had to educate people. Several asked questions about my weight, says Andy Cole.

Cole played 275 games and scored 121 goals solid for Manchester United.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment