Saturday, February 27, 2016

X Games Big Air: Double Norwegian – VG

OSLO / TØYEN (AP) Tiril Sjåstad Christiansen (20) wept with joy when she and John Killi (18) ravaged Toyen in Big Air competition.

– to share the podium with her best friend; she is like a sister to me. I do not think many realize how special it is, says winner Tiril Sjåstad Christiansen told VG.

Read also: Kona to Kjeldaas took its first gold

The home crowd Oslo got real value for ticket money Saturday afternoon.

Tear Wet Tiril

First doubt Johanne Killi when she set off Toyen jumped with the same tricks in both halves. And she satisfied the judges who gave her 90.33 points and preliminary management.

So she had to stand and see if her teammates Tiril Sjåstad Christiansen could manage to cheat her for gold. And she did Sjåstad Christiansen finished the competition with a brilliant jumping and landing, switch 1080 and was rewarded with 94.00 points total. This is her first X Games gold medal since 2013.

– I remember nothing from seiersrunnet. I just did it, says Sjåstad Christiansen, who took to tears after the victory:

 & lt; p & gt; In soar: Winner Tiril Sj & # xE5; stad Christiansen. & lt; / p & gt;

In soar: Winner Tiril Sjåstad Christiansen.

Photo : Elaine Wivestad Grøtt NTB scanpix

– There are so great to win in front of family and friends here in Oslo, she said in the interview that was shown on TV 2.

– Thought I was going to vomit

Sjåstad Christiansen, who was the youngest the youngest to win X Games gold in skiing in 2013 (slopestyle), reveals that she in her first run was thinking “Oh my god, what’s happening”.

– Bena my trembling, the substrate was so “upset,” she says.

When it counted most, she fetched however the winning recipe.

– Dad has said that my strongest attribute is mental. But on top before the last run I was as nervous as I have never been before. I thought I would vomit and did not know what I should do, says 20-year-old told VG.

– But I managed to be mentally strong, she adds.



want it on the Olympic program

Now she led after all – except her best friend – had jumped twice.

– she is very much stronger mentally than me. The trick her was sjukt good, says Killi.

Also read: Snowboard Stian get sykehusfri

Both hope, almost requires that Big Air comes at Olympics program, also in skiing. Snowboarding is for the first time in 2018. Ski must at least wait until 2022 in Beijing.

– Are you crazy, I’ve always wanted to have Big Air at the Olympics. Then, if it gets in 2022, we will stand on top of the podium and show the world that we are the best, says Tiril Sjåstad Christiansen – and believes Johanne Killi and Tiril Sjåstad Christiansen.

She missed the slopestyle in Sochi Olympics because of broken ligament in the knee.

– We are so sabla hard and never give up. We have the best team, and everyone will reach the top. Of then we have incredibly talented coaches, says Tiril Sjåstad Christiansen about the reason that Norwegian girls are the best in the world in freeski.

– What now?

– Now I’m going to party and celebrate with family and my best friends, all of whom are here, she says.

– But only until Monday. Tuesday I’m going to Switzerland to try to win the World Cup bullet. It has I also really fancy, responding Tiril Sjåstad Christiansen.

The bronze went to Swedish Emma Dahlström.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment