Monday, February 15, 2016

Secured Norway’s first Youth Olympic gold – VG

Biathlete Sivert Guttorm Bakken (17) won the pursuit biathlon and took Norway’s first gold at the Youth Olympic Games.

– I knew it was a small chance that I could win this, but was far from secure. It was only after the last shooting, when I left the shooting range while Russian still stood again and shot, I realized that victory was mine, said Bakken said.

17-year-old from Vingrom residing in Lillehammer and Martin Fourcade as his hero.

He had already secured silver from yesterday’s sprint, but a glorious pursuit ensured a superior victory. Down to the Russian Egor Tutmin second place boasts it over minutes.



Fire Boom

Bakken missed once on each of the four shootings, but none near victory fight was more accurate. Said Kari Mullah Khalili from Russia came in 3rd place.

– The race in my blood, and the detection rate at the shooting range was satisfactory. I met with 80 percent of the shots, and that’s where I lie. The speed of the track I am very pleased, explained Hill.

– To win this gold medal is totally awesome. This is the biggest I can win right now, and it is a confirmation that it goes beyond all expectations on me at the moment. This is a huge motivation for further investment, he added.

After the Youth Olympics finished, remain NM before the season is over for the fresh Olympic winner.

The French sprint winner Emilien Claude came in 5th place after six penalty loops. The other Norwegian biathlete, Fredrik Lindqvist Bucher-Johannessen ended at 12th place. He was fourth after the sprint.

VG Sport podcast: Valentines divorce, the biggest Tippeliga name and rallyengelsken you just gotta love

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment