Sunday, February 14, 2016

“Zucca” gives half a million to own started Kids Foundation – TV 2

Mats Zuccarello launched Saturday its own foundation at the venerable Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Manhattan, New York.

Zuccarellostiftelsen should help to maximize children and young people active in Norway. This will be done by offering financial support and knowledge. Even helps Zuccarello with a half million.

– I’ve entered with five hundred thousand. For this to live long are we depend on people like to help, says Zuccarello to TV2 Sport.

– Hopefully this is a thing where people want to help. There is a lot of money, even for me. If one appeared to be serious and want people to make a contribution, it is important to show that there is something I am passionate about, continues hockey player who plays for the New York Rangers in the NHL.



ZUUUUUUKE!

the press conference took place the day after Zuccarello ravaged the LA Kings at Madison Square Garden. In front of a near full set arena showed Oslo-boy off their skills in which he scored a goal and assisted another. The gathering in the great hall shouted “Zuuuuuuuuke” in unison.

The match ended with a loss after extra time, which made Zuccarello talked quietly about her performance after the game. Saturday was the mood back when he was talking about what the foundation will mean for young people.

– I am passionate about children and young people to feel good and get playing. There are many young people in Norway who do not have the opportunity to be a member of a sports team. In Norway in 2016 there should be such that people can not afford to play sports. So I thought to contribute what I can. I want my face to try to help, says Zuccarello.

The support should be given to individual performers, the introduction of new sports clubs and grants to clubs.

Inspiration from Africa

It was experiences during a visit to Tanzania as ambassador for the organization Right to Play in 2015 that made Zuccarello wanted to do more for young people in Norway.

– I saw how much joy the visit to Africa gave, and thought I could use some of this back home in Norway. You can not save the whole world, but I will work with you I can also at home in Norway, he said.

One of the Foundation’s first support projects to Gran school in Groruddalen in Oslo – a school further reception classes with children with backgrounds from other countries.

Zuccarellostiftelsen helps that these children get the opportunity to try their hand at ski with instructors from Biathlon Association and the Federation.

– I have had a mother, family and friends who have sacrificed everything for me to have the opportunities I have, but unfortunately there is not anyone who does it. We will not revolutionize the world, but we will contribute in my own way. I hope to provide some good experiences to children, says Zuccarello.



Surprisingly phone

with the press conference in New York was also the recipient of the award for the leading light at Sports Gala, Sajandan Rutthira (19). Rutthira received the award after having distinguished himself as football and athletics coach and efforts to recruit young people to the sport.

He did it all with a surprising phone call from New York.

– I had double checked it was the right name I heard, I was devastated, says Rutthira to TV2 sport.

Zuccarello would have Rutthira the team.

– I’ll help find children who need support to get help. There Mats called and asked if I wanted with absolutely perfect, because it is a matter of the heart already. What we are doing is facilitating that everyone can do sports. I look forward insanely, says Rutthira with a big grin.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment