Monday, June 22, 2015

- Anti Doping Denmark tried to cover up the doping scandal – Dagbladet.no

(Procycling.no): According to Danish Ekstra Bladet shall Anti Doping Denmark (ADD) and Denmark’s Sports Federation (DIF) have tried to cover over doping in the former Danish professional cyclist Nicki Sørensen.

40-year-old should have admitted doping opposite ADD, but the Danish connected should have tried to cover over doping scandal by excluding the information in their upcoming doping report.

Furthermore, they have tried to threaten stordoperen Michael Rasmussen to silence.

– It’s a bit strange that Anti Doping Denmark threatens Rasmussen with an extra-long doping quarantined, if he refuses to be covering the Nicki Sørensen, says Professor Verner Møller to Ekstra Bladet.

Refused to approve
Rasmussen came close to winning the Tour de France in 2007, but was kicked out of the race when it turned out that he had lied about where he was at the forefront of the race.

Later he admitted doping consumption.

– He has signed an agreement with ADD and DIF that he should get a shorter quarantine if he’s telling the truth. But now he suddenly prevented from telling the truth, under threat of a lengthy quarantine, says Møller.

Rasmussen refused then to give its approval and signature of the edited document how Sørensens name was omitted.

– I have declared myself ready to tell the truth, and I have signed that I will speak the truth. I have not signed me to cover up the truth, he says to Ekstra Bladet.

– I will not let this go beyond my credibility. That’s what would have happened if the ADD had omitted information in the final report.

– No Comment
Nicki Sørensen, including’ve won a stage of the Tour de France, will not comment on the allegations.

– I have no comment for this report. That’s it. Nor do I have time to talk now, when I am on my way to sykkelløp, says Nicki Sørensen to Ekstra Bladet.

– It is unserious, so unfortunately, he continued.

After Extra magazine’s revelations, public ground connected that doping report will be published on Tuesday, to fully public view .

This article is supplied by bike website procycling.no.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment