Thursday, June 18, 2015

Zuccarello still struggling with speech – Dagbladet.no

STAVANGER (Dagbladet): NHL pro Mats Zuccarello (27) is in place in Stavanger in advance of tomorrow’s two charity matches to raise funds for Right To Play in DNB Arena. With him on the trip, the New York Rangers player four teammates from the US. In the morning hours, it was therefore an all-star quintet, consisting of Derick Brassard, Carl Hagelin, Chris Kreider, Kevin Hayes and “Zucca” which ran for a press conference in Norway’s oil capital.

The Norwegian media wanted to answer was, however, what happens to the health of 27-year-old. He suffered a fractured skull during combat on April 24 when he was hit by a puck in the head. But it was only in early June the world got to know how serious the injury was. When told Zuccarello he partly had lost her ability to speak and feeling in one arm.

Now he understands that he is never going to be 100 percent recovered.

– I’m just as good as I can get become now. Speak No is not quite a hundred. There are some words and letters I struggle with occasionally. It is not certain it will be to get much better than this, but I’m okay, says Zuccarello.

Makes a Comeback

Rangers player is still positive, rejoicing rather that he is back on ice in combat situation tomorrow.

– I have not touched me so much the last eight weeks. Tomorrow it has been two months and that’s why I can play, says Zuccarello about time the doctors asked him to take it easy.

Meanwhile, he explains why Right To Play means so much to him.

– Right To Play is the organization that educates children through play. It is an important factor that I would be an ambassador. I have always been playful of me, but that’s not all children in the world that is as privileged as us in Norway. When you are a child, it should be obvious, says Zuccarello.

– Incredibly cool

He was also pleased to be joined by pals from New York Rangers. Brassard is in Stavanger for the first time and is looking forward to seeing the city.

– I would have liked to stay here last year, but it’s really exciting to be here now to support “Zuke”. We also wanted to see Norway. He has said a lot of nice about the country. We had a nice dinner together yesterday. Now we look forward to spending several days here, says Brassard.

Swedish Hagelin was with the charity match in 2014 and says he thrived during your stay.

– I had it so cool last year. I was in Winnipeg for four days and got to know the city while we got into a lot of money. It’s fun that other players from the team have been with. It is also nice to see other parts of the city. We will include up in the helicopter, so I’m looking forward to the next three days, says Hagelin.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment