Thursday, June 18, 2015

Remis of Carlsen – but is still last – Dagbladet.no

After two straight defeats played Magnus Carlsen draw against Dutchman Anish Giri in Norway Chess Thursday.

It took its time to play the party finished and only after over six hours was ended after 76 moves.

Carlsen was doing well early in the party, but eventually leveled it out.

– This was not good enough. I got the game to where I wanted, but suddenly I ignored an opportunity. I had an advantage with the farmers, and this fight I should certainly have won, said Carlsen TV 2.

Warped

– I came lopsided and quite frankly I feared that it would go against an embarrassing and quickly loss, said Giri to TV 2.

Carlsen were joined by 0.5 points, and thus is he still last in the tournament. Carlsen are without a win so far in the tournament at home. In the last two years have been Carlsen finished second overall in Norway Chess.

Friday Carlsen playing with black pieces against the Indian Viswanathan Anand, the Indian Carlsen defeated both times he became world champion. Friday’s games are played at Utstein Kloster.



Remis for Hammer

Jon Ludvig Hammer dominating in black against Ukrainians Levon Aronian. The battle between them ended in a draw. Hammer, ranked number 61 in the world, came into the tournament with a wildcard.

– In contrast to the first two parties, I came early behind, but today I held myself together well against one of the world’s best players. I am satisfied with the draw in this fixture, said Hammer to TV 2.

Hammer has one point after three matches. He is on the square in front of the last placed Carlsen in the summary until now.

– I feel maybe I should have had 1.5. Tomorrow (Friday) there is a new party. Until then must reset itself to be ready for the next round.

Hammer going on friday against Alexander Grist Sjuk. The Russian also has one point after three games

(NTB)

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment