Friday, June 19, 2015

Kristoff chasing the record of Italian super sprints – Dagbladet.no

(Procycling.no): Alexander Kristoff won the seventh stage of Switzerland around in front of Peter Sagan. His 18th victory this season. From the second position in the peloton started Kristoff spurt in with Sagan arrears.

Tinkoff-Saxo rider fails to pass the Norwegian.

The reason for this was that Kristoff sneaked in behind Daniele Benatti. So did José Joaquin Rojas (Movistar).

When the man went to the north, was not able Spaniard to hold the wheel. It resulted in the Sagan fell even more behind.

The Slovakian struggled up the side of Kristoff again, but was not strong enough to pass him on the last few meters.

  • – It was a hard day and I have not felt very strong in Switzerland around. I did not today either, but the team did a fantastic job and drove me forward to a good position towards the end. Fortunately I managed to pinch Sagan, for I was very tired when I crossed the line, says Alexander Kristoff in the television interview shortly after the finish.


Final asked
The 165 kilometers stage from Biel / Bienne to Düdingen was one of nidagersløpets lightest with “only” four categorized climbs. Kristoff said he was happy to finally get a mass sprint to conquer.

– There was a lot of demand on the paper yesterday, but then it was very technical at the end. So I’m very pleased that I finally get a win in Switzerland around now, says Kristoff further.

The victory was his 18th this season and it just after half cycling season.

That’s Alessandro Petacchi who has the most victories during a single season. The magic number is 24, a number of the Italian force asked shoulder achieved in the 2004 season.

World Champion in breach
Today’s violations consisted of world champion Michael Kwiatkowski (Team Etixx- Quick Step), Silvan Dilli (BMC Racing), Daryl Impey (Orica Green Edge) and Axel Domont (Ag2r), led still by just over half a minute with 15 kilometers left to finish in seventh stage of Switzerland around.

Then took among others Katjusja responsibility for Kristoff.

The distance gradually declined, and Domont received towards the end when Kwiatkowski increased speed in the breach, which managed to increase the time gap of twenty seconds with five kilometers to the finish.

The trio worked well towards the goal, but Katjusja train picked increasingly seconds. Kwiatkowski tried to finish alone, but was taken just before Kristoff started sprint.

Afterward thanks 27-year-old teammates on the Russian team:

– The team did a great job to get me ahead. Without them I would not have done it. My legs were not very good, but I managed to keep away Sagan life today, so I’m very happy.

– I felt I had him, but it was far from the line. I was tired when I finally reached the finish line.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment