Friday, June 12, 2015

Zlatan, Messi or Ronaldo? No, Gro is the great role model – Aftenposten

National team player Tom Høgli (31) gives away gladly any EM space if VM-workers in Qatar get better conditions.

COPENHAGEN / LILLESTRØM: Høgli acknowledges that he is the little “quirky” on the national team and he falls out of conversations when the topic is tattoos, fast cars and Playstation. In this interview, the teacher trained national-back on corporate social responsibility, FIFA pamper, prototype Gro Harlem Brundtland, the student who was shot on Utøya – and the fear of sun rays.

Direct at 20.45: Norway-Azerbaijan

– I have no interest in cars. I have a “leased” BMW, I do not know what model it is or how many horsepower it has. But what happens in society engages me. I follow quite wide at different things. Things that engages me in politics and sports, such as # tacklehomophobia campaign.

– You reacted when NFF let down ban on rainbow flag in a cap against Russia last year?

– We have much to go on in football. It is guaranteed many gays footballers. But they have not come “out”. And why have not they? Yes, probably because it has not been climate for it. About Norway can be a leader in it, so we must do something. There’s nothing controversial one, either. We live in 2015 and it should be a matter of course.

– But it was still difficult to implement a markup in Norway?

– Yes, that was it. It is politics all that.

– You have taken the initiative to hospital visits and charities internationals can set up for?

– When you are national team has a certain status. The I want to use. But I want to use it on society, for the benefit of the community. I do not want to enrich myself. It’s about lining up on things. On the national team, we now have a charity account where every year come in a few hundred thousand dollars. We’ll give a lot of money on the next collection. We will provide between 600,000 and 800,000 dollars to charity.

– This account must you tell us more about.

– In cooperation with NISO . Every year a portion market money to players, part of the money goes to a charity account. It says it is now almost 1.2 million. We will give 200,000 dollars to “Give Racism the Red Card”, we’ll give 200,000 dollars to “hospital clowns”, we will provide 200,000 to Syria via UNICEF, we will provide 150,000 to a project for children at the Radium Hospital.

– To facilitate footballers after career is a job you can imagine in the future?

– It’s harder and harder to get out of the country. It will accumulate some players who do not get contracts in the future. I think it might be wise already thinking education. In Norway, we lack an intermediary between player and a university. It is not easy for a young player to say “hello, I need a special arrangement.” It should have been an employee, under the auspices of NISO, NFF and Norwegian Toppfotball, who had the task to work with the players and be a liaison to the university. It is often what stands in the way between a player and education. For example, one game stands in the way for an examination. What happens then? Yes, he would have to wait half a year for the next opportunity.

– You have visited Parliament under national collections?

– Yes, votes. Years ago, when I played in Bodø / Glimt, I went to Oslo on holiday. I was going on tour in Parliament. But it was a long queue outside and I was the last person not entered. But nearly 10 years later, in connection with the 2013 election, I finally got the opportunity when we had some time off on a national team. Brede (Hangeland) and I took the tour. I remember it as a great experience, absolutely.

– Many football players look up to stars like Messi, Zlatan, Cristiano Ronaldo. You Gro Harlem Brundtland as a model?

– Yes, I have. I was so impressed with what she did as a woman. She broke through in a male-dominated Labour Party. She became the first female prime minister. And she has done much good for his political career.

– For the Danish newspaper BT have said that football is such a cynical world that you can never become a coach?

– I’m not the type. I have not pointed tongue and pointy elbows. I have great admiration for those who have it. I could not become a prominent politician. My role is a little more laid back. I compare myself with a guitarist in a band that does a good job, but not completely up front. But while he is a bit cool anyway. Suddenly he was there promoting and drag some solos …

– In the same interview you said that you pay taxes with joy?

– Yes, I do absolutely. I think the tax level today is very nice. We pay according to ability. It is right and proper.

– But here in Denmark pays you might artist taxes?

– It’s now even such rules are in Denmark and I would have earned more if I had chosen to remain in Belgium. I’m really paying for capacity and build a strong treasury for the benefit of those who are on the floor. There are too many who are struggling, we can all make a contribution. Community is the most important for me. Both as a player and person. It should be of help. I do not like selfish thinking, I like the community.

– Is selfishness the worst thing about football?

– That you can say. There has been a lot of money. And money creates idolisering. But I think so far the biggest stars are good at contributing towards such charity.

– My impression is that many athletes dread to mix sport and politics. Is that right?

– Yes, it can vote. But it can also go on interests. Although I regard it as harmless. If you perform an opinion in a proper way it is unproblematic.

– In the latest edition of the football magazine Josimar got all the captains in eliteserien questions about what they thought of both Qatar World Cup and FIFA . They were worried about a World Cup in winter, not the workers. They are afraid or they do not care?

– It is very difficult to answer. I do not know when they got the questions, perhaps there had been other answers today? I know many footballers who cares. I think it is important that we who have some status can use it for the benefit of society, not just think about ourselves.

– What are football’s biggest challenge over the next 10 years?

– There are many things. It is important to get FIFA on an even keel. It applies to workers in Qatar, in terms of racism. They must take the lead and set the standard. We must live up to the motto Fairplay, and it applies to all levels. It may seem like representatives from FIFA is there only to cultivate themselves and their own gain. Football is the world’s largest sport, it is a society, providing opportunities to promote peace, equality and respect in the world.

– Are workers’ conditions in Qatar a more important issue than whether you and Norway to the European Championship next year?

– Yes, obvious. It can not be compared. If they get the better I replace it with an EM-trip.

– This tells you honestly?

– Yes I mean it 100 percent. I think that householder. I think of the workers who have children and families who are sitting at home and waiting. If I had the choice here and now I would switch from an EM space. There would be no choice.

– One of your students from when you had teaching practice was shot at Utøya?

– Yes, but she survived luckily. And she works well now today. I saw her to study in France. Right after it happened, I sent a message to parents. I asked them greet so much. It’s a natural thing to do.

– How big problem is bullying in football?

– I think it reflects society. At senior level have communities been good in all the clubs I’ve been in. But it could be that it is slightly worse ne4d in cohorts. And again: Is there any sport you do, then it is to bring down the numbers. Idrettens essence is to meet, teaming, they blur the differences on a football field.

– What impression do you think the rest of the team have of you?

– I’m certainly a boring type. I can not help much in discussions about cars and playstation. I sit and eat. When I keep silent. The other people regard me as a serious theme, but also a little sad.

– Football wardrobe is brutal. You need to be extra safe before turning around you with jokes?

– Yes, there has been a problem in all the clubs I have come to. I have always taken a long time to turn out in full bloom. There is no good trait. I see many players and how quickly they find their place in the locker room, while I have to create a relationship with each person before I can turn out in full bloom.

– Remember the first meeting with John Carew?

– Yes. It was at the Hotel Bristol. I was etterinnkalt and arrived late at night. I came in and was going to put the key card in the lock and there came Carew out of their rooms. He had zero clue who I was. He gave me a little nod and went ahead. But at breakfast the following day was Carew made aware that I played on the national team. I know Carew as the world’s nicest guy, and he had carried her bag into the room and welcomed me if he knew who I was.

– Is it true that you have a strained relationship with the sun?

– Yes! When I come to new clubs, it often happens in the summer, I dress always in shorts, short socks and t-shirt, just to break the ice. So they can make jokes that I’m albino and all that. I am very light and quickly becomes very sunburned. It is factor 50 once it is nice weather.

– When votes it surely also you in a training camp in Thailand went with a clock with UV alarm howled when it was too many rays?

– Yes, I bought a watch on an e-commerce. I put it in and then there was a certain level of UV radiation began to beep. Then it was just to get in the shade …

Published: 12.jun. 2015 7:27

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment