Sunday, July 19, 2015

Former Danish cyclist admits doping – Dagbladet.no

(Procycling.no): The former Danish cyclist Frank Høj has admitted using EPO above Danish TV 2

Høj racing bikes after 2010 and rode on a number of pro team during his career. He was partly stopped by Lance Armstrong’s US Postal one season.

– I must unfortunately creep to the cross and admit that I have tried EPO. I’ve tried to take it. But I do not tattt it in the quantities necessary for it to produce results, said Høj.

Stopped in 1998

Høj says he stopped with EPO after Festina scandal in 1998, when the entire Festina team with Richard Virenque spearheaded was kicked out of the Tour de France.

– After Festina scandal, I have not touched anything. I had a naive notion that the sport changed since Festina scandal.

The Dane denies having doped during the Olympic Games in 2004 where he was eighth in the road race. There he was charged in a report that was presented by the Anti-Doping Denmark earlier this summer. Same report concluded that Bjarne Riis knew about doping on their own team.

This article is provided by procycling.no!

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment