Tuesday, July 28, 2015

This was not an attack: – The shark was just curious – Dagbladet.no

(Dagbladet): The Australian surfer Mick Fanning received last week a harsh encounter with a shark during a live surf contest.

The shark came dangerously close surfer, who panicked.

The local set mother to Fanning and then all together via the TV screen.

– I was so scared. When the wave broke over him I thought he was gone, says Elizabeth Osborne told ABC radio, courtesy of The Guardian.



Was terrified

Fortunately things went well for Fanning, who had been given a real fright by event.

To the BBC said the following nightmare:

– I just sat there and felt something stroked my leg and I tried to kick it away. I hit the shark in the back. I hopped on instinct. It continued to come toward my board and I kicked and screamed. I saw only the Finns. I waited for the teeth.



Not an attack

Dagbladet and several other media wrote that it was a shark attack. There are several experts to react:

– It is not correct to call it an attack. I have studied recording in slow motion, and believe that the shark just curious and want to see what goes on, says Andrew Ingram at the National Sea Rescue Institute of South Africa to The Guardian.

Also Vox has talked with a haiekspert:

– The shark was entirely up to the surfer, but the bet neither he nor the board. The shark swam away and yet it is called a shark attack, says Christopher Neff of the University of Sydney to Vox.

He continues:

– When such incidents are characterized as shark attacks creates a domino effect.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment