Thursday, July 30, 2015

Mikkelsen had given up before superscoringen – Aftenbladet.no

Tobias Mikkelsen did not think he was going to reach the ball, but decided to take the chance.

DEBRECEN – ROSENBORG 2.3

DEBRECEN (Adressa.no): – I named him Houdini after the last goal, it was just taking off his hat for the . Tobias is in the form.

It’s teammate Pål André Helland’s reaction to Tobias Mikkelsen’s second and Rosenborg’s third goal in the 3-2 victory over Debrecen. Fredrik Midtsjø sent a long ball for the debutant Matthias Vilhjalmsson, but suddenly appeared Mikkelsen up the left side. The Dane took the ball 40 meters and chipped neatly into the goal.

– I had really given up, but I take a chance and so I stand suddenly in front of goal. I considered playing it across to Yann-Erik, but I thought I’d try to finally tucked the ball. It was lovely that it went in, says Mikkelsen.



revenge

Mikkelsen had scored on a beautiful counterattack even before that. Holmar Örn Eyjólfsson broke a post and got the ball forward Mike Jensen, who played Alexander Søderlund. The striker sent a leaking ball to Mikkelsen, who made no mistake open.

– I think I played well. It started badly, but I got more attention and did scored two goals. But most importantly, we got a good result and delivers a very good team effort. It was a good team we met, so this we can be proud of, says Mikkelsen.

It is perhaps not surprising that Mikkelsen thought it started badly. Before the fire, he had a lot of time and space in Debrecen’s 16-meter, but managed only to hit the post. Things were going to get worse when Søderlund, on an open goal, put the rebound into the crossbar. Therefore Dane glad that it was just the two combined for the equalizer.

– It was really delicious. It was a super break. Mike plays it through and Alexander can hear that I’m lying there and playing blindly out.



The competition has helped him

Against Debrecen also noted wing colleague Pål André Helland for scoring and Yann-Erik de Lanlay got his Rosenborg debut. The battle for the wing spots are tougher than ever and Mikkelsen has lately shown brilliant form and stands with three goals in the last two games.

– It is good that there is competition for places. It helps to increase skills and I feel that it has helped me.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment