Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Van Garderen berates Frenchman – Dagbladet.no

TRONDHEIM (procycling.no): In the dreaded descent down from the Col de Manse was once again drama on Monday 16th leg.

This time it was Geraint Thomas (Team Sky) who received taste the pavement, or rather lamppost. A real body tackle from Warren Barguil (Giant-Alpecin) sent Thomas into a lamppost and further down into the ditch. Absolutely incredible that it went worse with the Welshman.

After the stage, there was a flurry Frenchman who was looking for Thomas.

– I’m sorry, I did not mean to shove Thomas of the road. I thought to slow, but Tejay Van Garderen (BMC) was touched me before the turn. My hand slipped and I lost her grip on the rear brake. The second I lost there made sure I ran into Thomas, said Barguil after the stage.

Barguil blame

That statement gets Van Garderen to race .

– Some riders took great chances. I was just trying to keep my position. Barguil was willing to take chances. He drove down Thomas and held on to topple yourself.

– I’m just glad I came down without mishap, adds Van Garderen to.

Also Geraint Thomas parts Van Gard’s perception that it was Barguil who had sake in Velten, but was not concerned castigated the young Frenchman.

– Let’s just hope that he learned a lesson, said the Welshman.

As result of Velten lost Thomas 38 seconds to favorite group with teammate Chris Froome and 1’06 ” to Vincenzo Nibali (Astana). He retained his sixth place in the GC, but now have two minutes up to a podium place.

This article is provided by procycling.no!

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment