Friday, January 29, 2016

Krogh won the men’s championship sprint by mistake in the prologue – TV 2

It could have been over before it all started for Finn Haagen Krogh. Alta just went wrong in the prologue under NM-sprint, but came out luckily on the top 30.

Krogh stood according to NRK also in danger of being disqualified. He still got the green light to go finale heats – and well it was for 25-year-old.

For the bar until the final. Der drove Krogh high, high tempo from start to finish. Alta-boy tenderized competitors and parked them on the run on the journey towards the championship gold.

– Poor research
Sindre Bjørnestad Skar was virtually no Finnmark on silver space, while Havard Solås Taugbøl took bronze.

– I had done some research for bad considering the track. I came to an intersection where there were two possibilities. Luckily there were some that pointed in the direction I should go. I did not lose too much on it and got me on. As long as one is in the top 30, it has nothing to say. Then it’s a clean slate in the quarter-finals, says Krogh to TV2.

He says that the blister came as a result of lack of time before the start.

– I spent a little too long to test skis. Then I not gone through the course before the start. I thought I knew where the trail went, says Krogh.

Was close to giving up
Tverrelvdalen -løperen considered giving up when he realized he had messed up.

– I thought I was going to break because of what happened. It’s hard to say how many seconds I lost. I went really well in the second half of the prologue, so I think I picked up some time there. I’m glad I did not give up, says Krogh.

Friday’s triumph in Tromso ensures Kroghs first championship gold. Previously, he has championship silver and -bronse on list of achievements.

The article is updated

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment