Sunday, August 24, 2014

Kristoff: – Surprised that no one came – Dagbladet.no

(Procycling.no): Alexander Kristoff was superior in the sprint when he won the Vattenfall Cyclassics Sunday.

No one could chastise the Norwegian’s long asked for 245 kg meter cycling.

– I’m glad no one came by. I was really tired at the end but it was probably the others too, says Kristoff to procycling.no.

– asked was a bit long, but I was thankfully the strongest. It is narrow with about 500 meters to the finish, and it is usually difficult to get far behind, so I decided to start early.

– How good control did you feel you had on end

– I felt I had control ok, but I knew that Cavendish and Kittel set in the field. Suddenly they come whizzing by. I knew I went on a long requested. I did not start fully, and tried to increase and improve, but I’m a little surprised that no one came by.

bike in Hamburg belonging cycling’s highest level, and stars such as André Gripel, Mark Cavendish, Marcel Kittel and Arnaud Demare stood at the starting line.

As usual there was much Trituration in classic. Tough Waseberg made it so that the sprinters had a heavy travel to the end.

– I was a little surprised that Kittel and Cavendish put into. It was run hard on the slopes, so I thought they should be run from there. But they were pretty tired in the sprint.

Kristoff got help from his teammates in Katjusja with a few kilometers from the finish, but had mainly to do without help on the last kilometer.

– Right after the ground last time I was alone, but it came three men up quite quickly and then I got good help. There was much Trituration, so we decided to take control. I remembered from last year that it is important to sit promoting, so they kept me promote as long as they could. I got a pretty good position, but had to take some air. It does not mean as much when we have driven 240 km and everyone is tired.

In the sprint never managed Giacomo Nizzolo and the other to chastise Kristoff, who thus fulfilled favoritism.

– I’m thinking not so much favoritism. This means that we must take a little more responsibility along the way and need help to control the whole way, but that’s fine, says Kristoff.

This article is provided by bike site www.procycling.no.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment