Saturday, August 16, 2014

Nordhaug on lagledelsen: – They are not for me – Bergens Tidende

A lot has to go wrong for Steven Kruijswijk – North Haug’s team mate in Belkin – you cheering Arctic Race victory on the podium in Tromsø Sunday.

– I really struggled today. I have had pain in the knee for a few days but have not wanted to say anything. But today I felt it quite well, it was a pain. It hampered me quite a bit. Also I’m tired from Poland around. I need rest. The recovery has been miserable, said Nordhoug Aftenposten after the finish of Kvænangsfjellet Saturday.



– Not fun

In picturesque surroundings had Nordhoug realize that the battle for overall victory now probably over. For when Katjusjas Simon Spilak and said Kruijswijk pressure, Nordhoug had more than enough to follow the field, and he sat in the back of the group who crossed the finish line 15 seconds behind stage winner Spilak and Kruijswijk. Probably there will be plenty of demand in Tromsø Sunday, which fits leading Kruiswijk superb.

– There was nothing to fun when you realize that it is not. But there is nothing I could have done differently. What happens tomorrow is hard to say. It looks like a sprint. Anyway, I’m glad I got the stage win at North Cape, says Nordhoug.

team mate took the jersey from Nordhoug

A lightly injured and disappointed Lars Petter Nordhoug lost the overall lead in Arctic Race.

Nordhoug Belkin leave after this season, and rides application layer has put him on more reminiscent of exhaustion than a sportsman. 32 bike race in 41 days starts taking its toll.

– I’m worried about Spain in terms of my knee. The program is very tough and it is marked on the body. It’s not so easy to give up some races. I have stated that I do not want to drive around Spain, but I must. I could not even imagine running one-day race in Canada. I am a multi-rider, I’m the best one-day rides on hard and not so good on stage race. But I do not know why did not listen to me.



Not surprised

Johan Kaggestad is not surprised that Nordhoug run so hard.

– This is not uncommon when the situation is as it is, but there are some critical Lars Petter. The boy is frustrated that he has been throughout the years, and it affects him. He is almost rammed by his team because he has got a new team for next year. And Dutchmen (Belkin is a Dutch team, editor.) Is tough. They lack a little on the understanding that it is man who must perform. The program they have put Lars Petter has nothing to do with creating top shape, it’s about filling out a team and force people to provide as much as they can. If one is to succeed there must be harmony between competition, rest and exercise. It has not Lars Petter opportunity to get, say Kaggestad Aftenposten.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment