Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Anders Jacobsen adds up – TV 2

Anders Jacobsen (30) has decided to retire as ski jumper.

– I’ve added the skis on the shelf. It’s a weird feeling. It has been a difficult decision to make, but I have undergone many rounds of myself, Jacobsen says.

– I see now that it is time to start a new chapter, adds he added.

Watch video window on top!

Ringkollen-jumper signaled after this season that he needed time to consider their future athlete. The last few weeks have been used for a family council with his wife Birgitte.

– There have been many things that have helped to form the basis for the decision. I have an immense pleasure with ski jumping in, and I’m going to miss it tremendously. But there are over 200 travel days a year. I have two children at home and a wife who needs a little help. I feel that I do not have 110 percent motivation and it must have as the father of two of being in the world, says Jacobsen.

Won Four Hills
Jacobsen won the Four Hills Tournament in 2006/07-season. He took gold medal in team competition in Falun in 2015 and has a total of four silver from team competitions at the World Championships in 2007, 2009 and 2011.

Individually took Jacobsen two bronze medals VM context. They came in large hill in Liberec in 2009 and Val di Fiemme in 2013.

– I’m very proud and very grateful to have been allowed to keep on with this. I’ve been at World level in nine years. I won the Four Hills Tournament and World Championship gold in Falun with the team. I am happy and satisfied, says Jacobsen.

But it has not just been ups Jacobsen ski jumps. In March 2013 he suffered a serious knee injury when he fell badly in Planica. It took a long time before Jacobsen was back. In injury time, he had to seek help from Nav to keep the wheels turning.

Skip Chief Clas Brede Braathen understand Jacobsen decision.

– I think Anders has taken a right decision. He no longer has what it takes to fight at the level he belongs, says jump boss said.

Debutant: Anders Jacobsen is ready for his first Four Hills Tournament in 2006. Later he should win all the prestigious competition. Photo: Terje Bendiksby / Scanpix

– Now he gives after having delivered some of their best performances. That way he becomes one of very few ski jumpers who can say that they gave up on top. I think this is a great way to do it, he adds.

Also Bardal lends itself
Jacobsen is not the first ski jumper who put up this season. Also Anders Bardal has decided to give up.

– The reason why I put up is that I can not find the motivation needed to lay down all the work. I do not have the motivation, said Bardal TV 2 about a month ago.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment