Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Thoresen ready for new club – TV 2

Stockholm (NTB / TV 2): After six years in the Russian KHL facing Patrick Thoresen back to Swedish ice hockey.

Wednesday he was ready for Djurgården, a club he has long been linked to.

Thus, 31-year-old comeback in Stockholm club nine years after he played there last.

Djurgarden says on its website that the Norwegian has signed a two-year contact and leaves SKA St. Petersburg He recently won the KHL playoffs with.

– For me and my family this is a dream. We loved Stockholm since I played here eight years ago. I am grateful that Djurgarden gave me the chance ten years ago and that they would pursue me. Now I know that I want to give something back to the club and wants to help them reach the top in SHL, says Thoresen club website.

As TV 2 reported in late March wanted Thoresen away from Russia and the KHL for the sake of the family.

– It is a bit sad. I have not been in a club more than a few years earlier, and now I’ve been here four years in SKA. I’ve had a nice time here, so little wonder it is not to go back next year. But it will be some delicious too, he said when TV 2.

Hockey player wanted then to Switzerland or Sweden.

– There are the two countries I pull me also when I apply for a new club. There must be a total package where the family thrive, and a layer with sporting ambitions who will compete at the top. I know there are teams that are interested, but I have not taken it so much anymore since I’m in the middle of a playoff, told hockey player.

In the beginning of the month reported Swedish media that the Northern man to be ready for Djurgarden. Then said KG Stoppel, who is deputy chief executive of Djurgården, that a decision would come after the season was finished in Russia. He did not hide the fact that Thoresen was wanted in the Swedish team.

– He is a very interesting player and we welcome him if he will come here. It has given that he is one of Europe’s best players and has previously played for Djurgården, told Stoppel to TV 2. (© NTB / TV 2)

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment