Thursday, September 24, 2015

Finally Zuccarello back after the ugly injury. And he smote with … – Dagbladet.no

(Dagbladet): Mats Zuccarello is in night back on the ice for the New York Rangers for the first time since he suffered a nasty head injury in spring.

Rangers face the Boston Bruins in the night’s friendlies, and already in the first period did the Norwegian themselves noted.

First he notched assist on Brady Skjeis equalizing at 1-1, before “Zucca” even scored the 2-1 after 16.10.

The game was decided on penalty strokes after it was 3-3 after playing the extension. Zuccarello put his penalty preeminence, but the Bruins finally pulled the longest straw.



– Moro

– It was nice to be back and get played a match. It was fun. Winning had obviously been even more fun, but now I’ve done the first fight and look forward only to the next, says Zuccarello to Rangers’ website.

Also head coach Alain Vigneault was pleased with what his Norwegian student delivered on the ice tonight.

– It was great to see. Not only that he is healthy again, but he plays like he does. I’m sure he is happy with his game. It is in any case his teammates, he said.



– Blood on the brain

The reason for the severe damage, was that he got a puck in the head during a fight in April. It led to a fractured skull, and he struggled with speech.

– I got blood on the brain. It meant that I could not speak, and I lost feeling in my arm. It was tough at first, and I was afraid, he said to TV 2 in June.

– When I got to the locker room, I could not talk. So I did not understand what happened. When I got to the hospital I was scared, but they were very good at the hospital to make sure I knew I was going to get well.



Serie Ramp

And hospital staff got right, for now are Norwegian was back in full even before the regular season starts with the away game against the Chicago Blackhawks on October 7.

The fight against the Bruins is the team’s third in the pre-season. Previously it has been 6-3 win over the New Jersey Devils and 3-5 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers.

They must meet the same teams again before the league game begins.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment