Thursday, May 28, 2015

Here’s the story behind the super striker “yes” to Høgmo and Norway – Dagbladet.no

Nadderud (Dagbladet): Stabæk striker Adama Diomande (25) was a 26 names were read out as coach coaching staff this morning took out the squad for private Superbowl against Sweden on 8 June and the European Championships qualifying match against Azerbaijan at Ullevaal Stadium four days later.

“Dio” – who has impressed with eight goals in ten games for surprise team Stabæk in the spring season – has enough confidence that he took it for granted that he was taken out now.

– I’m one of those could best players in the Premier League and it only makes sense that the kind of players are taken out, he told Dagbladet during the live broadcast in connection with the withdrawal.

Had not taken a choice

Dagbladet was with Diomande at lunch after Stabæk workout. Then spoke the fresh national team player on the national team ambitions he sat when he traveled from Dubai to sign with Stabæk in late March this year.

– As I sat on the plane home from Dubai, I sat my goal to come on a national team, he says to Dagbladet.

Dual citizenship

Diomande was born and raised in Norway, but the parents are Ivorian. With dual citizenship, he had to make a choice if he wants to play for Norway or Ivory Coast for their country.

Dagbladet confirms Diomande that he at that time had not taken a final choice about which flag he would have on his chest.

– Yes, that is correct. But national team games was one of my dreams. It stood between being patient and waiting for the Ivory Coast or seize the opportunity when it came to Norway. But I did not hesitate to choose Norway, when I learned that I was taken out, says Adama Diomande.

– Was it so that the team is calling first say yes to?

– Yes, it was in a way like that. But it is an honor for me to play on the Norwegian national team. I am Norwegian and Norwegian passport. It will be great to play on the national team.



Easier with Norway

There is also little doubt that it is easier to establish themselves on the Norwegian national team than getting a chance for Ivory Coast.

– Yes, that is enough. Ivory Coast is a better national team, and it is extremely tough competition for striker places there. But I feel that Norway is the best choice for me, since I was born and raised here, saying “Dio” Dagbladet.

Holmlia boy became champions with Strømsgodset in 2013. After that he went to Dinamo Minsk in Belarus, and since it became a between the top few months in Dubai before he returned home to Norwegian football again.

Kona home in Norway

Missed by the family and the wife at home in Oslo was decisive. He declined significantly in salary had little to say.

– I was not thinking about money at all. I thought of development. Coach Bob Bradley was also an important factor that I chose Stabæk says Diomande.

Stabæk the only Norwegian team who showed interest Diomande. According sporting director Inge André Olsen was Diomande a cheap reinforcement for them, even though the transition set far inside.

– In the beginning wanted the club from Dubai does not sell, because he was an important player there. It started to happen only when Dio even began pressing, says Olsen told Dagbladet.



Will again

Facing Stabæk management was still Dio clear on one thing when he returned home: Even he wrote a contract until 2017, he has ambitions to get into a major league again.

– I have developed me abroad, that people have not seen. I’ve got with me Europa League matches, as most people in Norway do not get. Everyone at the club knows that I came here to get a chance to go out again. So we’ll see what the future brings, he said.

The Norwegian national team is thus a fairly good showcase.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment