Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Nielsen was fired: – There is no doubt that it is right that we stop now – Dagbladet.no

(Dagbladet): Strømsgodset has fired coach David Nielsen (38). It confirms the club said in a statement. Bjørn Petter Ingebretsen assumes responsibility out of season.

– This has been a process over several weeks. They have come to me, and I have come to them – and we have had some meetings. I is thus no doubt that this is the right decision – that we stop here, says Nielsen to Ekstra Bladet tonight.

In a press release he elaborates:

– We have varied widely in performance. Not just from game to game, but also during the fighting. The things I want us as a team to identify with both, I have not managed to get so far in the season. The sum of this means that we have agreed that I will resign as head coach in Strømsgodset.



The number one

Nielsen was an assistant under Ronny Deila last year. When Deila took over Celtic, who managed Nielsen as number one at NRK.

– The last eighteen months I have had the pleasure to work with the best players in Norway. There have been major highlight along the way. The two games against Steaua Bucharest in the Champions League qualifiers, and cementing of 4th place have been the highlights for me, he says in the press release.

– We have agreed on a solution to the best for Strømsgodset, maintains sports director Jostein Flo.

– The whole team would like to thank David for the job he has done here and wish him continued success. It was tough for David to take over coach job after Ronny Deila, where the club for a longer period performing very well. Unfortunately it was not as desired.



Thank Drammen

Facing Ekstra Bladet says Nielsen:

– I’m sorry on the players’ behalf, that we are not there we should be. When the defensive reassurance – and the energy would disappear – then it becomes uphill. When my strengths – and what I stand for – is not getting through to the players, so it is time that the parties separated, says the sacked coach.

Dagbladet expands case

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment