Monday, May 25, 2015

Riise finished in Apoel: – Decided few weeks ago – Aftenposten

Roper news day for the league title was secured.

Sun won John Arne Riise league with Apoel Nicosia. Monday revealed the Norwegian star that he is leaving the Cypriot club.

– I have after long thinking time decided not to take another year for Apoel. I decided a few weeks ago, writes John Arne Riise on his own blog.

The news comes the day after the league title was in the bag and just a few days after the cup final victory over AEL Limassol.

He writes in the blog post that it has been a very hard decision to make.

– I would not want anyone to know it, because I wanted the focus should be on “the double”. The team is more important than any single player, he writes.



Does not exclude Norway

According to Riise should club management have tried to persuade him to stay, but left-back believes there still is the right time to give in terms of career and family. 34-year-old does not want to say anything more about why he goes by only one season.

– Apoel will always be in my heart. Thank you for all you have done for me this year. I could not have done it without support. Now I’ll have a long summer that I will use in deciding me for what I do after this. I can go back to Norway, but I feel I have a few years left abroad, he writes.



Kanonmål

Riise struggled playing at the start of Apoel career, but has gradually become an important cog in the team. Last week he scored a fantastic goal as Apoel won 4-2 in the cup final.

– I hope you are happy with my performance over the last four or five months. I am very happy that I got unveiled “The Riise-Rocket”, you all have been waiting for. Six goals and ten assists, or something, is not bad for a left-back, write Riise. (© NTB)

Published: May 25th. 2015 5:53 p.m.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment