Sunday, May 17, 2015

Norwegian Olympic hopes collapsed and fainted on training – Dagbladet.no

The shooter Ole Kristian Bryhn fainted and fell during training to helmatchen in the World Cup in the United States Saturday. He qualified yet to Monday’s competition, despite new problems.

There was intense heat and high humidity during Saturday’s training when Bryhn fell.

– I only remember that I got into trouble at the very last portrait shots during training and when I woke up it was full of people around the firing point that was trying to help me. It was a strange experience and quite frightening that way in retrospect, says Bryhn.

He was well enough to shoot the elimination of helmatch Sunday and again got into trouble in the heat.

– The last 40 shots I shot almost unconscious. I was terrified of falling over, but refused to give me. I looked around to make sure I did not fall in any edges or bars if it were to happen again, and probably had more focus on keeping my feet than shooting, he said.

He still managed to qualify for Monday’s contest.

– Now I get to start over again and hope that it will not be so hot Monday. The shooting starts earlier in the day, so it should be possible to perform normally when it really matters. But it has set a nasty trick on me, so we’ll see how it goes.

Bryhn regarded as one of the great Olympic hope before the Games in Rio de Janeiro next summer.

(NTB)

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment